4. it matters who you are

The door of the purple van comes flying off, knocking down the two officers that stood in front of Ward and I. Ward grabs me and we fall to the ground. The door goes flying to the ground as well, all the way to the people that were behind us, they all run away, screaming. Scared. It was all happening so fast. Ward and I look at each other, He gets off of me and we grab our guns. Mike was taking Skye and a little boy inside, Ward and I go after him.

There was a lot of people inside and there was a lot of chatter. I see Skye kick someone in the balls and say something, a group of men come up to Mike. Skye and the little boy go running in different directions. Mike started throwing people and fighting them, he was winning. A man hit Mike with a beam, It didn't faze him. He turned around and threw the man across the room, he was yelling. Mike started calling for his son, Ace and Ward comes up from behind, kicks him in the back and puts him in a chokehold.

I ran up and face Mike "Look. The stuff inside you is unstable Mike, It'll kill you and everyone in here." I tell him having my gun drawn at his face

He starts fighting Ward "Who's gonna miss us?" He runs into a wall with Ward still hanging onto him and until Mike finally throws him to the ground

I ran up to Ward "Are you okay?" I bend down on my knees to him

"Yeah yeah, go" He tells me and stays on the ground

There was a gun shot, I draw my gun once again and look around. An officer shot at Skye and Mike, We had told them to hold fire so I didn't believe it was us. An alarm starts to ring and I see the two of them go through a door, The office follows and so do I. I run up the stairs and I hear trains honking. I saw the office outside and he shoots through a window, I didn't have a clean shot and the office shoots again, this time it hit Mike.

I quietly ran up to the officer and hit him in the leg, he turns around with his gun and I hit that out of the way as well. I punch him in the stomach and again in the throat, I grab his shoulders and throw him to the ground. He tries getting up but I punch him in the face, knocking him out. Skye was watching me the whole time, in shock.

I take the officers gun and run to Skye "Are you okay?" I ask her

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where did you learn to fight like that?" She asks me still in shock

I don't answer her, I didn't know really what to say nor was it the time to talk about family history. Skye and I go inside to where I see Mike and Coulson talking, it was hard to hear since we were higher up.

"Stay down" I tell Skye drawing my gun, she nods

"You think that means anything?" Mike yells at Coulson since he just put his gun down. Mike looks around "I know you got men everywhere waiting to put me down" I saw Ward on the other side of the train station with his gun. "I know how this plays out."

"I don't" Coulson pauses "I know you have poison in your system. I know it's burning you up. Mike, the last guys who wore that exploded." Coulson points at Mike's arm where the centipede is.

"I''m not like that other guys, I'm" He pauses and looks around "It matters who I am, inside, if I'm a good person, if I'm strong" Mike says, sweating a lot

"I have a clear shot. Do you copy?" I hear Ward say over the earpiece, Coulson looks up

"I know you're strong. Your boy knows it. He needs you to let us help." Coulson told him, I thought the mention of his son would help

"You took him. You took my wife, my job, my house." His voice breaks, I know how he feels. He lefts his arm up and pulls his sleeve down showing the orange centipede "You think this is killing me? He asks, Skye runs down to the two of them so I did the same with my gun still draw "All over, there's people being pushed down, being robbed. One of them tries to stand up, you got to make an example out of him." He pulls a beam up from the ground

"You being this building down on us, will that help them?" Coulson ask and the police officers start making people walk out

"That's a lie! All you do is lie!" He's still holding the beam and hits a sign down with it. It was quiet for a moment, Skye was scared. You could easily tell.

"You said if we worked hard, if we did right we'd have a place. You said it was enough to be a man. But there's better than man. There's gods. And the rest of us, what are we? They're giants. We're what they step on." Mike says in a quieter more calm voice

Coulson walks up to him, they're closer "I know. I've seen giants up close. And that privilege cost me. nearly everything. But the good ones, the real deal? They're not heroes because of what they have that we don't. It's what they do with it. You're right, Mike. It matters who you are." Coulson says calmly, I lower my gun and put it away

"I could, you know? Be a hero." Mike says crying

"I'm counting on it." Coulson tells Mike and than he was shot. Skye jumps, Coulson and I look up to Ward. Ward didn't have his normal gun, this one was different and Fitz was with him, May comes in and stands by Coulson. Simmons runs to Mikes body that's on the ground.

Simmons looks at the four of us and starts smiling, I was relieved and the paramedics come to us with a gurne. All seven of us all at each other, smiling.

"Subject is in stable condition. All clear at Union station." Coulson says over the comms.

It was a day after The Union Station madness, Coulson and Skye took Lola out to talk to Mike's family. Fitz-Simmons, May, Ward and I stayed on the bus to rest.

I don't know where May is but Fitz-Simmons are eating chinese food in the lounge, Ward is on his computer with them and I was in my room with the door open, getting my stuff situated. I pull a picture of Nat and I out of my bag and I stare at it, it was from three years ago. I hear Ward talking about an 084 so I put the photo back in my bag and went out with the rest of them.

Ward dial another number and put his phone to his ear again, I'm guessing it's Coulson "Sir? We've got an 084" He says turning around to the three of us "They want us to go in and confirm it." He finishes.

Fitz hits Wards back, pretty hard and Simmons takes a drink of her beer.