Chapter 6

The constant and persistent knocks at her door caused Amara to stir in bed, not wanting to wake up. "Go awaaaay!", she whined like a little girl under her breath. "Mrs. Anderson? Sorry to wake you up Madam but may I come in?", a woman's voice from the other side of the door said in a slightly British accent.

"Mhmm", Amara mumbled loud enough for the visitor to hear and soon enough she heard the door open and the clicking of heels until they stopped by her bed. She opened one of her eyes to behold the intruder.

She had dark red hair which was sitting in a tight bun on top of her head. She was wearing a black suit with a black pencil skirt and black leather pumps to match. She had a petite figure, fierce dark brown eyes and glowing olive skin. Her pleasant smile made her seem friendly and strict at the same time.

"Good morning, Madam. I'm Gabriella, your personal assistant, companion, if you will, and head of domestic staff". Amara just sat up from bed and stared at her, blinking and trying to bring her sleepy mind to the present.

She finally nodded and yawned. "Well Madam you seem lost. Take a bath, go through the whole morning routine. There is an outfit for the day in your closet. It's 10:00am. Breakfast will be ready at 10:40am", Gabriella said and left Amara with her thoughts. A human alarm clock? I don't know whether to be glad or terrified.

She finally got out of bed and stretched as she made her way to the bathroom. Within about thirty minutes, she was dressed in the beige and brown sundress and brown flats which had manifested in her closet. Amara put on some make-up which was little enough to go unnoticed but plenty enough to do its job. She decided to curl her hair a bit and let the long mass flow freely.

Happy with her look, Amara made her way downstairs. Luckily for her, the dining hall was not too far away from the foyer, so she found it with ease. Once she entered, her eyes met those of Gabriella who was adjusting a fork, and they shared a smile.

"Hello Madam. You look pretty in that dress. Hope you slept well", Gabriella greeted cheerfully. "Hi. I did, thanks for asking", Amara replied. "Is it okay if I called you Gabby?". "Of course. That's what my friends call me anyway. Come and have your breakfast now".

Amara smiled and sat at the immediate right of the head seat, where her breakfast had already been plated for her. Her eyes drank in the French toast, bacon and eggs accompanied by a latte. Oh, I can get used to this, she thought comfortably while she ate.

"Ummm, Gabby?", Amara said after a while. "Yes Ma'am?", Gabriella promptly responded. "Please. Just call me Amara. Where is Daniel? Is he still asleep?". " No. Amara. sir Daniel left for work earlier. He always leaves before 6am". "Oh", was all she could bring out. She scolded herself mentally for forgetting that her husband was a bigshot millionaire and a workaholic CEO. She sighed and quickly finished her breakfast.

"Great. Now we just need to go to your former home for anything of value you would like to keep. As for the clothes, accessories, shoes and furniture, we can get some new ones", Gabriella said as a younger lady in a traditional black and white maid's attire cleared away Amara's tray. Amara's eyes went wide in dreadful shock. "What??!", she exclaimed. "How could I forget? I was so happy, thinking I was done with that place". Amara massaged her temples.

Honestly, there wasn't a lot Amara needed from that house. She could transfer all her old information and data onto a new laptop and phone. All she needed were her grandmother's recipe book and her mother's necklace; the most precious things she had, and a few other things with some significance.

After a few minutes, Amara was in the car with Gabriella, on the way to her childhood home. Once they arrived, the driver quickly got down to open the door for her. Amara took a deep breath and stepped out to stand face to face with the hellhole.

She took confident strides to the house with Gabriella right behind her. Amara knocked twice after which the door was opened shortly after to reveal a frustrated Lilybeth.
She stared hell's fury at Amara before her facial features relaxed into a smirk.

"Well, well, well! look what the cat dragged in. Welcome back home, Cinderella".