Chapter 7

Of course Amara had anticipated something like this from the bitch. "Yeah Hi. Unfortunately I don't have the time of day to stand here chatting with you so how about you let me by, Lilybeth", Amara calmly breathed out. She didn't wait for Lilybeth to respond and pushed past her into the house with Gabriella.

She didn't even bother to acknowledge Raphael and Anna who were making out on the couch. "Disgusting pigs", Amara muttered to herself. Finally they arrived at her room. She smiled a small sad smile as the memories she had in this very room flashed before her. All the tears, endless planning to get away from her family and all the fun adventures with Allison, it all happened here.

She was snapped back to the present when Gabriella coughed. "What a beautiful room Amara. So, what are you talking along ?". "Umm, my priority right now is my mother's necklace and my grandmother's recipe book. They're in my drawer".

Amara walked over to her vanity and opened the drawer. She took out a beautiful golden necklace with a butterfly-shaped pendant decorated with several red gems and a large old journal. "Good. Got 'em. So now I'll just look around for anything else worth bringing to the Promised Land", Amara said with a little laugh.

Just as they began their treasure hunt, the door flew open. "Hello ladies", Anna squealed excitedly. Amara rolled her eyes before looking up from the bedside table. "Aww, our baby Amara is leaving us. You've grown up so much, Jesus. And who's this? You work for my darling's husband, right", Anna said, her words dripping with faked emotions.

"Yes Madam", Gabriella responded with a curt nod. "Oh, well that's great! My husband and I would like to get to know you better. Why don't we go downstairs? C'mon! I baked brownies", Anna squealed.

Gabriella briefly looked at Amara for permission. "Don't worry, Marrie is a big girl. I'm sure she can pack up without you. What do you say Marrie Darling? Can she come?". Amara just smiled and nodded. Gabriella returned the smile and followed Anna.

"Marrie? Well, someone's been taking their acting lessons seriously", Amara said to herself once she was alone, rolling her eyes and getting back to her objective. She had already found some old pictures and as if the drama wasn't enough at that point, Lilybeth barged into the room with her arms folded across her chest.

"Christ, what do you want now?!", Amara exclaimed exasperatedly. "Ouch! Geez Sis I only wanted to savour these final moments with my oIder sister. Please don't be so mean to me". Lilybeth pouted making her look like an innocent and defenseless baby bird, much like the face she carried around during her first few days in this very house.

The memory made Amara wince spitefully. "Quit the act, we're the only ones here. The coast is clear. It's safe to be you", Amara retorted raising an eyebrow. Lilybeth's sweet smile morphed into her signature smirk.

"We're finally getting rid of you, oh thank you sweet Jesus! You know, I told Mom and Dad I wanted this room remodeled for me. Still not sure what I wanna do with it though. Who knows, I could make this a mini gym or a living room for me and my friends. A closet also doesn't sound like a bad idea, What do you think Sis?".

"Well first off, It's my friends and me, Einstein and you could make this your Fuck room for all I care you whorish bitch. I literally do not give a fuck about what you do anymore", Amara gritted out. Lilybeth was more than furious.

"This should be the last time you talk to me like that you sick mutt! Don't be so proud because there's been a promotion of your social class. I've told you haven't I? You won't be shown an ounce of love and you'll be begging us to take you back. You're gonna be the most miserable little bitch to ever walk the face of the earth. You don't deserve anything you have, even if it's barely of any value. You don't deserve Daniel, you don't deserve this room and you don't deserve this necklace".

By the time she was done with her little rant she had grabbed Amara's mother's necklace from the bed and lifted it high above her head preparing to throw it to the ground with full force. When what Lilybeth was trying to do had fully registered in Amara's brain, all she saw was red. She charged the brat and caught her hand just as she was ready to bring her hand down.

"You fucking bitch! How dare you! You're so damn lucky I caught you before you could do anything to this necklace or else you'd be facing hellfire while your limbless body would be shamelessly lying on the floor". If looks could kill, Lilybeth's funeral would've been going on at that moment. Amara was glaring daggers at her. She snatched the necklace from her and pushed her to the door.

"Get out you sick witch!", Amara gritted out. "The last time I checked you were in my house, filthy bitch. I hope you commit suicide or get run over by a combined harvester", Lilybeth huffed, her fists were clenched so tight, they became a ghostly white. "And if you ever come near me I'll slit your throat that is too big for your toothpick of a body", Amara spat.

Lilybeth turned to leave, but not before flashing her middle fingers at Amara, who did same. The nerve of that fucking pea-brained whore, Amara thought. She quickly picked her things and pushed them into her handbag. She made for the door and made her way downstairs.

"Gabby, let's go. I'm done and it's getting late", she said without stopping till she was seated in the car. After a while, Gabriella joined her and the drive back to the mansion began. "Your family is... weird", .Gabriella said after a few minutes of loud silence.

Amara smiled and turned to face her. "Good eyes Gabby!", she said, causing both of them to burst into laughter.