004

dinner party

dinner party

↳ ❝ [ WHEN ] ¡! ❞

you had gotten to the restaurant, you were surprised to see so many cars parked outside. even though it was a high school reunion of your year, for some reason, you had expected the party to have been small.

pushing that aside, you put on your big girl pants, parked your range rover— the same one you spent your life savings on, and walked towards the restaurant.

once you got inside, you soon realized that the place you were eating at wasn't bad. it was nice and sleek on the inside, just like it was on the outside. and the waiters seemed polite as they guided you to a table.

however, that didn't seem to work out too well because as soon as ochaco spotted you, she immediately called you over and pointed at the chair she had saved for you.

"see! i told you guys she would come!" ochaco squealed in glee as you sat down beside her.

you didn't even get to see who else was sitting at the table before she wrapped you into a really tight hug as if she hadn't seen you for years.

"o-okay ochaco, i can't breathe here...!" you said as you lightly tapped her arm, signaling her to loosen her grip.

when the girl realized what she was doing, she apologized profusely. "oh, i am so sorry y/n! i've just missed you so much."

you nodded. "and i've missed you too. life's just been keeping us busy, huh?"

she agreed and proceeded to introduce you to everyone at the table. there were some new faces, but most of them you had already known from your time at ua.

soon, the conversations were flowing smoothly, and you even found out that many of the students who were in the hero course, had already reached japan's top 10.

to you, it was so impressive. your quirk was nothing to wow at nor would it ever be hero material, but you still loved it anyways. however, you sometimes wished that you at least had the option to become a hero like they did.

shaking you from your thoughts, ochaco tapped your shoulder and pulled you back to the group. "y/n, are you listening?"

you shook your head and apologized, "sorry, i've just had a long day at work."

"by the way," hitoshi shinsho, a boy who was in your general class during your first year but eventually bumped up to hero course by second, spoke up, "where do you work? i'm just curious, is all."

"ah, well..." this was the question you were avoiding. at a table full of heroes, your measly job as a preschool teacher seemed incomparable. like you couldn't compete.

but then, ochaco spoke up. "she's a pre-school teacher! and she works as the teacher of our kids! she's really great."

honestly, it was incomprehensible of how proud that girl was of you. while you thought your job was nothing much, she would brag and boast about you to her companions, saying that her best friend was making a major difference in the lives of children. all your achievements felt like they were all of hers.

you watched as ochaco gushed and you couldn't help but feel a bit better about your job. once everyone at the table realized how important your job was, they began to praise you, and say how much they respected you.

some of them with kids even thanked you for your services, even though you've never taught their children.

in the world you lived in, regular teachers didn't get much recognition, they weren't the ones prepping the future pro heroes, so most people didn't really care. but to have actual pro heroes praising you was nice.

it was a pleasant feeling.

however, that feeling didn't last too long when you heard someone scoff loudly from the far end of the table.

everyone looked up to see who it was and surely enough, it was him.

the remainder of the chatter immediately died down and you heard izuku mutter something about "not again" under his breath and you wondered, just who this guy was.

"bakugo, chill out." you heard. and you watched eijiro kirishima, the really nice red head you had met a couple times at ua, pat his shoulder in a friendly way.

katsuki bakugou. during your time at ua, you had heard his name all across campus but since he never stuck around, it was hard to put a face to his name. but now that you could, you soon realized that the old rumors were true.

even with the scowl he wore on his face, he was indeed attractive. however, his aura and bad attitude was an immediate turn off for— well, anyone with sense.

you stared at him and waited for him to say something. since he scoffed, there was obviously something he wanted to say.

except, he didn't say anything.

and since he had stopped everyone's chatter, you were now bored and tired of munching on breadsticks while waiting for the food to come out. so now you really wanted to hear what he had to say.

whether it was mean or nice, you could take it. or, so you thought.

"uhm, did you need to say anything?" you asked. surprised that your voice came out, much clearer than you thought it would've.

but everyone else was in shock.

sure, katsuki's anger had calmed down much more since high school, but there were still those moments. especially when he was doing something he didn't want to do.

and it was clear to everyone that katsuki didn't want to attend the dinner party that night, everyone except you.

"what did you just say?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

- actual enemies to lovers is arriving!!

- tehe!