005

dents and burns

dents and burns

↳ ❝ [ CONFUSED, ] ¡! ❞

you asked the question again. you thought that since he was sitting so far away from you, he wasn't able to hear you clearly. but he did. and either you were too dense to see the steam that was coming from his ears, or was too tired.

either way, that excuse wouldn't fly with him.

"i already heard you the first time! there's no need to repeat your stupid question." he blared.

at this point, you were honestly ready to go back home and find something to eat there because if you didn't, you were almost certain that the anger you took from katsumi earlier would erupt.

but before that could happen, katsuki excused himself and got up from the table.

seeing that eijiro and katsuki were always attached by the hip you thought that he would have followed katsuki, but he didn't and claimed that katsuki just needed space.

you weren't so sure what that was about, but everyone at the table seemed to know what was going on and so, they continued their conversation like normal.

that was until 10 minutes later when everyone heard yelling and explosions coming from somewhere outside of the restaurant. you had wanted to get up to check what was going on, but eijiro stopped you and said that it was just katsuki blowing off steam.

you didn't know what he needed to blow off steam for, all you did was ask him a question. and you kind of felt bad, thinking that your question was the thing that made him so angry.

you knew the feeling of pure rage and it was never a good thing.

you were so certain that you were the reason for his outburst and if you went outside to apologize that everything would be better. but ochaco assured you that this was not something that could've been solved with an apology.

everyone was just beating around the bush and not giving you a solid answer, but you let it go.

you sat down and enjoyed yourself. the food finally came and it was delicious, so delicious that you even asked for takeout. but while that was happening, your mind wouldn't stop going back to katsuki and wondering if he was okay.

however, after an hour, you soon realized that he wasn't coming back inside and tried to put your mind at ease.

you couldn't even comprehend why you were caring about him so much. you didn't even know the guy!

as the night finally came to an end, ochaco offered to walk you back to your car. you agreed and even told her that you wanted to show her something, that being your new car.

she'd known how much you wanted one and you just knew that she'd be just as excited as you were.

as you got closer to your car, you suddenly stopped and your knees almost gave out.

you ran up to it and frantically sobbed as you saw the major dents and burns that were implanted into your car. they definitely were not there earlier that evening.

"who could've done— i mean, why even— WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"oh my..." ochaco covered her mouth. at first, it was in excitement when she saw it was the brand you had always wanted, but once she realized the damage that it was in, it immediately turned sour.

you almost collapsed when you looked to the other side and saw it was just as damaged. was it used as a punching bag?!

you groaned as you banged your head against the car door. over and over again. there was no use being careful around it anymore. "and i haven't finished paying it off yet..."

you couldn't help but be crushed. it seemed as if all your hard earned money went down the drain. and since you were too wrapped up in your emotions that you didn't even think of the possible culprit.

but ochaco did. "hey y/n, you don't think bakugo did this when he was out here, do you...?"

you head immediately popped up, and what she said made absolutely sense. when you got to the restaurant, the car was in perfect condition. he was the only one that left the party early and when you got back, it was wrecked.

besides, he was angry when he left and there were burns all over your car, his quirk matches.

you turned to ochaco with and evil glint and anger in your eye. "he better hope it wasn't him, because he doesn't even know who he's just messed."

immediately you called an uber to pick you up and for a tow to come and get your car.

in the state you were in, there was no way you could drive a car. there's no saying that you won't swerve off of the road and practically kill yourself completely. on purpose.

your best friend just sighed and watched as you got in the uber, heart wretched.

she walked back to her husband and ran her hand along her face.

"you don't actually think bakugo could've done that right?"

izuku, who had been watching from afar, just shook his head in disbelief. "i honestly do. unlike what many people expected, kacchan's anger hasn't really died down after high school."

"well, now he'll have to deal with y/n."

you plopped on the bed when you got home and tears almost fell from your eyes.

"that was practically my life's saving..." you mumbled.

and it was true. what's so wrong with wanting to spoil yourself from time to time. but now it's left you broke with nothing to show off.

later that night, right before you went to bed, you got a phone call.

you rolled over and picked up the phone without checking the number or taking your eye mask off.

"hello?"

"it's me, katsuki bakugo."

your eyebrows furrowed and you ripped the mask off of your eyes. steam escaped your ears and venom from your mouth. "what do you want?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

- hello my loves! i hope you guys are doing well!

- anyways, like i said earlier this is an enemies to lovers story so y/n and bakugo probably won't have many lovey things in the beginning.

- and if y/n seems irrational to you, just remember that she took katsumi's anger early on in the day so it's still with her. the more anger it is, the longer it is before it dissipates.