Ch.21

Skylars pov

I quickly look up to see Luke along with the rest of the pack behind him. Jace seemed a little shocked because of the news he just heard and as for me well....I couldn't really make out any words to say. Ryan's face turned really white as if he were some ghost or something and Luke just stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"w-what" I mutter looking from Ryan to Luke.

"Skylar let's go and I'll explain everything to you when we get back" Luke says turning around and walking back. What the hell....

Cloe's pov

Erg, who knew being shot in the goddamn neck would hurt like hell. I slowly open my eyes and flashes came rushing back to me. Drake and Jessie are missing. I push my body to move up but I couldn't even move my arms because they are tied to the bed post. My feet were free but they were no use in helping me escape, maybe if I try to wiggle around then I could-

"there's no use Cloe, I've injected you with 3 dosages of wolfsbane, you don't have a chance to actually escape" said a voice I knew. I stopped and chills instantly ran up my spine.

"David" I whisper under my breath. He chuckles a bit and then moments later I heard his footsteps walking towards me and soon he is standing over me. My body begins to shake and he takes a big whiff of my scent and smiles in satisfaction.

"oh Cloe, your soul is very delectable" He says running his cold fingers on my tied up arms. I squirm from his touch and scowl at him.

"don't touch me you monster!" I yell. He laughs and then before I knew it I was backhanded across the face.

"I will do as I please and you will speak to me with respect" He roared silencing me immediately.

"burn in hell you maniac!" I shout while he makes a deep low growl.

"Listen here little shit and I'll only tell you this once. Your pathetic friends are going to die for sure and there is nothing you can do about it. Your sister will die, your mate will surely die and everyone you love will all die! You can scream all you like but you will never be saved because in 2 nights from now I will eat your fucking soul!!" By the time he'd finished screaming at me I already bursted into tears. He grinned and got up walking away to the door but before he opened it I only had one more thing to say to him.

"bad guys like you never win" I blurted out as he stopped. He stood there for about 5 seconds and walked out slamming the door leaving me to cry.

Skylar's pov

"and so the more emotional connection you two made towards each other, the more energy you both could channel, hence the reason why you both flew back" Luke explained. So here's the deal. My mother 'supposably' talked with Luke about how Ryan is my half brother and how we are both connected in a weird way. I mean I had like billions of questions to ask Ryan but I didn't want to overwhelm him. Though, I did have a few questions that had been itching at me for a long time.

"So why doesn't he have powers like I do?" I question Luke. He sighs and lifts his hands up.

"Skylar I really have no idea. All I just know is that Ryan is your half brother which means he's at risk" Ryan sits up correctly and begins to panic.

"wait I'm at what?" He says. I wanted to say no but Jace just had to speak.

"Ryan It's nothing too serious it's just that since you are technically closely related to Skylar then that makes you a major target for David" he says sternly. I look at Jace and notice he has bags under his eyes and had some new facial hair growing in, it was like he was miserable.

"wait so am I going to die or something" Ryan raises his voice.

"no you are not going to die because you will be under our protection 24/7. I've made some calls and to cut things short the gala will be in 2 days from now so we must be prepared." Luke states.

"wait why are we preparing? It's not like David and his pack will bust through the doors and say 'hey everybody, let's party'" I say in a mimicking tone. Ryan smiles and keeps his head down.

"listen smartass, this is going to be a masquerade party so that means David will sneak his way in unnoticed. This will be our time to put him down while he is vulnerable" Luke says. I nod understanding everything and Ryan runs his hand through his hair and groans.

"okay so I'll get everything situated out and I'll set up everything while-" I was suddenly rudely interrupted but Luke before I could finish.

"actually Skylar, Jace and I have decided that you need a break from all this stress and you should take Ryan over here to the store or whatever you call these clothing places around here and buy him and yourself some decent attire for the party". Well this is something new.....

"But I'm alpha, shouldn't I be handling everything?" I say as Ryan and I stand up.

"No, I want you to get to know your brot-halfbrother. I'll give you my card and you don't have to worry about a thing over here" Luke says smiling. These two idiots are up to something I assume.

"what about protection?" I say.

"don't worry skylar, we have the whole entire area guarded, go have fun" Jace says pushing us outside. The door shuts and immediately locks and I stare at Ryan who is awkwardly smiling at me.

"what do we do now?" he asks. I smile and take a deep breath.

"I guess we go shopping" I say taking his hand.

Luke's pov

"Is everything set and in place?" I ask Jace. He nods and I smile.

"we should have told her the whole plan instead of part of it" Jace says to me. I did feel a little guilty about what I'm planning on doing but It's to save the pack.

"No, she would have thrown a fit, we need to make sure plans go accordingly, I don't want her to find out any of this am I clear?" I say. Jace looks up at me and nods.

"crystal" he says rearranging some files. In 2 days from now David will try to make his move during the party so I've staged a little set up that will surprise him for sure.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I know it's been so long since I updated and I truly apologize. Please forgive me haha. So I'm thinking that next chapter could kind of have an awesome sick twist to it so that the story will be even better. And there will also be a lot of tension in the next chapter so yeah can't wait for that tho.

*On another note, my families business is going pretty well and here's something that's super funny. So my boyfriend breaks up with me and gives me this lame story and then after 3 months of not seeing him when I accidentally bump into him he faints. <<<pretty awkward lol

___

So yea till next time__oh and if you have any questions then you know how to reach meh

gabbbzzzzz (btw sorry the chapter was short, I promise I'll make the next one really long)