30. Reflection

AZALEA WALKED OUT, OF VICTORIA'S OFFICE, her hands felt itchy against the black smooth surface of the file she held in her hands. She descended from the third floor and walked towards her room, her eyes itched just as her hands did. She continued walking towards her door. Suddenly, she felt a rush of energy. She had felt it before, in the room with Elizabeth. She stumbled, closing her eyes tightly before opening them.

She felt no different, except for the itching in her eyes and hands. As if something was waiting to come out. But what she didn't know was that her eyes had turned black. Shimmering with power. Gold lined the corners of her irises. She started walking again until she felt another surge of energy. Much more powerful than the one before. She crouched down, the file fell from her hands as her knees met with the dark floor.

Her breathing sped up as the itching in her hands turned painful. She got to her feet, still close to the floor. She harshly pulled open a door, stepping into the room. Just as the pain in her hands and eyes got white-hot.

She let out a scream as she fell to her hands and knees again. Crying out as her colored eyes closed. When the pain subsided and she opened her eyes she was stunned. Half of the room was obliterated, the wood was singed. The drapes were burnt halfway. Two of the room's walls had been broken through. She looked down at her hands, they were clothed in leather gloves.

She looked further down, she was wearing a dress. With a chained corset that shimmered with the black jewels that had been placed on the bodice with extreme care. She stumbled to her feet, walking towards the mirror she saw on the far wall. She pulled the dusty see-through piece of cloth off the mirror and gasped.

She was dressed as a queen. In a dress that was even more extravagant as compared to the dress that Victoria had been wearing. Her face was lined with gold streaks and rhinestones under her eyes. A chained crown rested on her head. Her black tresses flow from underneath the metal surface of the crown. Her hands were wrapped with more leather that had intricate designs burnt into them.

She closed her eyes tight again when she opened them the dress had disappeared. The weight that she had felt on her head was suddenly gone. Was the dress real, she wondered as she turned away from the mirror. She saw that the room was still incinerated. She ran out of the room, grabbed, gritted the file from the floor, and ran away from her room. Hoping that she wouldn't have a meltdown like that. But, in her flurry, she missed the face that reflected in the mirror.

Victoria Casella and Avaria had heard a scream and the sound of a loud crash coming a level down. Avaria and Victoria had made their calm way towards the second floor, where wisps of smoke and the smell of fire came from under the door. The two women glanced at each other. Avaria pulled the door open, entering the room. Both of the women were stunned by the sight that awaited them.

The curtains were singed, curtain rods had fallen from their nails, The wooden surfaces of the things inside the room were burnt. Pieces of wall debris were scattered around the floor. The window panes were shattered completely, their glass turned into powder.

Victoria smiled with a crazed look glinting in her eyes, "Well well Ms. Selene, is this what you've been hiding from us?"

Avaria stepped inside the room, swiveling around. Her eyes were caught on the mirror that sat on the far end of the wall. She said, "Ms. Casella."

Victoria looked towards her, the woman pointed towards the mirror. The mirror was covered in dust from the glasses that had shattered instantaneously. Victoria's smile dropped as she saw the marks on the mirror's clear surface. There were handprints on the surface. Victoria stepped carefully into the room.

Her heels clicked as she walked towards the mirror. Her face leaned towards the mirror, "The handprints are from the inside of the mirror."

Avaria looked at Victoria, nodding when she saw Victoria looking at her. While Avaria searched around the room, Victoria continued gazing at the mirror.

"You don't care about the rules of nature, do you Casella?" An ethereal voice asked, Victoria's eyes widened before she sighed and chuckled. She pushed her hair back gracefully.

"Well, the rules don't appeal to me." Victoria answered, trying to keep her voice level, "The rules keep me and my students from greatness. I'd rather not hinder their greatness."

"You would set the world on fire just to come out on top, wouldn't you?" The voice chuckled, "I never expected anything less of you."

Victoria sighed as she gazed at the space behind her in the mirror. Avaria had stopped looking around the room and was watching the mirror and Victoria with a stone face. The voice chuckled, "That girl is— something else Victoria. She might even be able to destroy you."

Victoria glared at the mirror, seeing that the thing she wanted to appear in the mirror didn't. Victoria said, "Azalea Selene won't win against me, I assure you."

"Now, if you're not going to appear Elara then I request that you stop shadowing my student." Victoria cleared her throat, "I'll be taking my leave now."

Victoria walked away from the mirror, but she couldn't move fast enough since the figure she had been looking for decided to say something, "You should start calling her your pawn Victoria. You shouldn't call her by her name."

She turned around, the handprints were still there. Avaria watched the exchange intently. She grit her teeth, and her fingers twitched once. The mirror shattered, the frame's pieces hit against the walls that were burnt.

"You will never be able to reach her, Elara. Your divine pair will forever remain out of your reach."