Chapter 4- The invitation

*Blake's point of view*

I worried about Ty more than anything but I was too busy to go check up on him. Something about him just made me question who I was as a person. I never liked guys let alone would I have sex with one but Tyquan was different. He was the only person in my life that actually wanted to help me. That first night he thought I was being attack when I was just pledging to the secret society of the headmaster. I couldn't let him find out so we all had to play it of cool. I wanted him now more than I wanted to be at this academy so I had to stay here which means I have to stay with Jessica. We were at her dorm which was hers alone. She had that privilege as the headmaster's daughter. I sat on the edge of her pink bed while she was toying with clothes in her closet. Everything in her room was pink and it gave me a headache.

"Baby how does my dress look?" Jessica said as she held her red dress to her body. She looked beautiful as always with her smile as radiant as ever. She was excited to show off in her new dress.

"It looks fine"

"The headmaster's party is tomorrow night and we're going and you have to make a good impression with daddy if you're going to be in the secret society. You do want to cover your parent's debt don't you?"

"Yes but I feel like I'm selling my soul to do so. My own team attacked me so I could prove myself. I have to marry you just to inherit your fathers company and let's not forget the X drug."

"Well Blake these are all sacrifices you have to make for the greater good. My father wants everything to play out well so he has to groom us accordingly."

I was starting to regret of this but I couldn't. I just met Tyquan and I didn't want to miss out on what could be.

"Will this party go smoothly?' I asked

"As long as we're on our best behavior and look happy as a couple. And James will be there so be careful not to step on my big brothers toes. I heard he's bringing a date."

She walked over and sat on my lap playing in my hair now observing me and my actions as if she was looking for me to break. She kissed me but as she did I felt a little guilt.

"Somethings got you off, I can tell. I can't place my finger on it but you're different. Don't fuck this up Blake"

I cleared my throat before I spoke. I had to convince Jessica that I was fine when I wasn't. I hated this. This double life and playing hero.

"I'm fine, I promise."

*Tyquan's Point of view*

James was beautiful, even beautiful than Blake. When he stood he was at least 6'1. His hair was jet black, short on the sides combed backwards. He didn't have a blazer on and his sleeves were rolled up as if he had been working.

"I apologize for us meeting on these terms, but I have to say you are quite beautiful up close"

I couldn't help but smile. I was too dark to blush but if I could I would have blushed. I never had a guy call me beautiful before.

"Thank you" I tried to sound confident

"Actually I wanted to ask you to accompany me to a party. The headmaster's party. There are going to be investors and world leaders and I would like a beauty on my arm"

"Yeah I'll go. But why me? We don't even know each other."

"See my father is the headmaster so I know all the students. But besides that I would like to court you. I'll come to your dormitory and pick you up at 7. Ill prepare something nice for you to wear. Don't be intimidated by any of this. You'll be fine."

He was really official and traditional with everything. I've never be on a date or courted. After we were down talking he even walked me out.

The next morning I didn't tell anyone about my date later. I wanted to keep it a secret from Blake. I got up and brushed my teeth kinda excited because I didn't know what to expect. Once I came out of the bathroom I noticed a white box on my bed. I untied the bow and lifted the top off. It was beautiful. The sleeves went past my hands and my stomach would be exposed along with a flowing tail in the back with matching loose white pants. The pants reminded me of MC Hammer but this was some high fashion and had to cost a pretty penny. Even the packaging looked expensive. I noticed when I lifted the wrapping paper a card fell.

The card read 'To my black beauty, see you at 7'