Chapter Twenty-Three

This chapter be doin' a little SUS. The plot requires it! You'll see what I mean in a chapter or two! Eeeeh!
==========================

     A somber-full yet distant gaze in his eye, Steve turned from his brother. The door was opened before him. Outside, armored guards stood at the ready, prepared to attack. Herobrine blinked a couple times, struck by his brother's previous statement.

     "M-morals?! You claim I don't have MORALS?! Where were they when the two of us were surrounded?!" Slowly following his brother, Steve had to stop and turn once standing in the doorway, side-eyeing his brother with a mild glare.

     "Good bye, brother... You aren't allowed out of this room."

      "Where was ANYONE with supposed MORALS when it was up to I and I alone to save us?! We were left to ROT, Steve!"

     "That is ENOUGH, BRIAN!" Steve spat. The emotion filling the room had at last gripped onto him. Tears fogged the older looking man's eyes. Herobrine flinched, blinking several times to recover from the sound of his old name. Both similarly looking men huffed in place for a moment, unsure of what to do. A little lower, "..We were soldiers... We agreed to fight until the end... There was nothing in the agreement we made about getting rescued if we needed it."

     "You say that as if to excuse them!" Out from Herobrine's mouth spilled a mix between a hiss and a growl. "And then you left me as if morality was a good excuse to abandon the one who had so long ago saved you-"

     "-Hey! You were asking me to kill someone!-"

     "-I WAS THE ONE WHO SAVED YOU! I gave my SOUL for YOURS!.. At the very least, I didn't want you to ABANDON ME!!!" Water struck the glowing one's eyes as he strongly emphasized nearly every word with fast thrusts of his hands about, finishing by stabbing his own chest with his thumb as he pointed to himself. "YOU KNEW I WAS STRUGGLING, AND YET YOU LEFT ME!! YOU KNEW HOW HARD IT WAS TO FIGHT OFF THE DARKNESS..ESPECIALLY ALONE!!! And because of YOU... THEY TOOK OVER!! Made me the MAN I AM TODAY!!!" Steve backed away through the door, shocked...hurt. The older looking general then somberly lowered his head, avoiding eye contact. The door closed after Steve stepped behind it. Herobrine smashed his shoulder into the metal door, peering through the singular glass window with his two brightened eyes. "Oh, I see how it is! Just going to ABANDON me again, huh?!... A-at least give me (Y/n)!" Banging on the doors as his brother walked away, still staring down with a paled face. "HEY! Listen to me!! I refuse to cooperate until I have (Y/N)!!!"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Previously...on episode 22 of Minecraft Storymode:

     Herobrine's shoulders dropped, terrible guilt clear on his face as his eyes returned slowly to stare directly into yours. "I... I don't actually like Sandrah...in that kind of way... Just...don't want her to..feel so bad."

     Your eyes widened a smidge. "Wh... Whaa?" 

And nowww~:

     "Wai-wait!... So you're telling me...you're just PRETENDING to be ber boyfriend?!"

     "Hey! Not so loud! Someone might hear!... But- hhhhh, yes. While I do admire her as an asset and would even consider her a friend..she just.... I don't know!" The once great, now fallen king fumbled over his words. You stood in mild shock. This was not very good news to hear after everything Sandrah had told you just the other night.

     "Well then... What do you plan to DO? Someday, she's going to want to marry you..and then maybe even want to have kids." You pretended to care for for the time being.