Chapter One

"You're a soooldier now, fighting in the battle!" XD I keep singing that now!
====================================

.

     "Daddy, Daddy!" Your six year old self squealed as you ran as quickly as you could to hug your father, who dropped both his suit cases to squeeze you tightly as you ran to hug him. Your thirteen year old brother, Derik, walked up behind you and hugged him as well.

     "Ohhh, I missed you all so much!" Your dad smiled. Then your mom also walked up and he smiled up at her as well. Before you could finish your hug, which you never wanted to end, he stood, sliding you off of him carefully, and kissed your mom. Both you and Derik covered eachothers' eyes and anxiously waited for the kiss to end. When it finally did, your dad picked up his luggage again and you all walked from the sky-port, on your way back home. Along the way back home, using both city mine carts and the occasional horse, along with basic walking, your dad caught you guys up on the adventures he had. He told exciting stories of competitions between troops, a few games he and the men created, a couple small battles between his legion and the monsters, and even of the time he was able to meet Commander Steve. They were simple stories, but you loved hearing each and every one, especially since your dad was such a good storyteller.

     "So, what have you been up to, Pumpkin?" Your dad smiled as he turned to look at you, right as everyone was just reaching the slim road back home.

     "-(Y/n) has started playing soldier with sticks out in the yard. She says she wants to kill monsters too~." Derik teased.

     "Thankyou, Derik, but I asked (Y/n)." Your dad said, handing his attention back to you.

     "Um, I- I moved up a grade in gymnastics. I can even do a handstand!" You boasted, stopping a moment and placing your hands on the floor. You quickly rose your feet above your torso so that you were perfectly vertical, upside-down. Both your parents clapped and Derik just stood there, probably thinking of a snarky comment to say.

     "Great job, (Y/n)! You are going to be such a great gymnast when you grow up!" Your dad smiled.

     "And a soldier!" You announced once back on your own two feet.

     "Now, let's just stick to one thing at a time." He smiled softly. All four of you continued the rest way home when the sun was just beginning to set. Unable to do much else, and it being close to your bedtime, you spent the rest of the exciting day getting ready for bed and heading off to sleep.

     You tossed and turned in your bed, unable to go back to sleep after a basic nightmare themed around spiders. You listened as whispering from downstairs slowly grew sharper, giving you an intense feeling inside. You wondered what was wrong. As quietly as a mouse, you crawled out of bed and tiptoed past your brother's room. Just as quietly, you slid down the stairs on your bum until reaching a point in them that you could see the livingroom beyond through the spaces between the railing. You sat there and watched silently as both your parents spoke only a little louder than a whisper.

     "Mavis, I will be fine. It is just an off schedule mission. I will come back as soon as the battle is over." You quietly gasped. Was your daddy leaving again?

     "No, John, this isn't just a battle, you know that. It is a war. A war Herobrine is leading against us." Your mom warned.

     "Shhh! You know no one is to say his name, especially at night. What if he comes here?"

     "-What if he kills you?!" Your mom asked with a plead. "Please, we all know the danger you are in. Everyone is so focused on the Immortals who lead the wars, that they don't even notice or care about the soldiers fighting alongside them."