ᦲ|Ƽ

"Hmm, so it does eat." Trigard whispered to himself as he continued to strum his precious harp. The only instrument his father managed to not destroy.

He looked over his kingdom on the large balcony connected to his bedroom.

"Beautiful." He cooed.

A smile graced his lips as he allowed the fresh air to sweep the scent of his hair into the city so his subjects knew that their basa was happy and proud.

Immediately he saw the affect it had on the people, they stopped to sniff the air and smiled, some outwardly and others inwardly praising their basa.

Trigard gazed even harder more specifically at this woman who's belly was swelled with child.

He pulled out a pen and notebook from the pocket of his large sleeve and wrote to her.

"Safe wishes to you and your expecting baby. May I your basa care and protect the both of you until my time is done."

He rolled the note and pursed his lips to let out a phoenix call.

On command a bright fiery orange colored phoenix hovered before him with its feet open.

Trigard placed the note in its feet and thanked it with a piece of jerky he fished through his pockets for.

"I should get to cleaning that out." He scolded himself.

He pointed to the pregnant woman sitting on a nearby bench enjoying a bag of locru nuts.

The bird, after finishing the piece of savory jerky flew away and dropped the note in the woman's lap.

She opened it immediately as it is known that whatever a phoenix gifts you carry's good luck.

A smile graced her lips when she read it and she placed it to to her chest rubbing her belly in content.

Trigard truly loves the city and his people, which is why the mysterious human girl from earth cannot be trusted.

Speaking of he turned back to the window seeing her curtains closed and the light in her room off.

He got up from the balcony and headed towards his room door until he heard a loud neigh from a heavy Pegasus.

He turned around and saw his right hand, his advisor Segna hopping from her Pegasus and onto the balcony.

"Basa." She spoke sweetly.

She looked beautiful in her strapless baby blue dress that had a mermaid tail style that hugged her hips deliciously.

"Segna."Trigard replied, a bit surprised at her presence. "Is something the matter?" He asked.

"No I was just out and about in the city and I smelled your happy scent."

"I see." Trigard hummed and clasped his hands behind his back.

He watched Segna's odd movements, she kept giddily smiling and rubbing the tips of her fingers. She avoided looking into his eyes which is odd because she always looked into his eyes when they talked.

"Segna, are you okay?" He placed his hand on her shoulder and one underneath her chin, lifting it up.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to know if you will attend the courting Soiree?"

"Of course, you know this as being my advisor the basa always shows to these events. I'm also playing my harp there as well."

"I know but I wanted to know if you would go as my courting partner?"

Trigard let out a sigh and smiled. "Segna you're a breath of fresh air and a phenomenal advisor but it is not appropriate for me to court you."

"I understand, it was worth trying though."