Chapter 2

AudreyStone: My mom took this picture almost two weeks ago and she only remembered to send them to me today 🙃

tagged: HarlowRussell

900,000 likes ~ 7,000 comments

---

I let out a loud laugh as I read Audrey's caption on instagram but I can relate which is why I always have my mom take pictures of me on my phone. When you have two kids running around, it's easy to forget what you were previously doing and I only remembered when I went through my camera roll searching for another photo.

"Way to throw a whole palm tree at me." I tell Audrey as she walks into the kitchen and she sticks her tongue out.  "Atleast all of your fans can relate in the comment section."

Audrey giggles, "I guess."

I am not too familiar with Audrey's relationship with her mom since she never talks about it but she started calling me mom a year into my relationship with her father. Audrey called me mom out of nowhere and it took me by complete surprise that I just burst into tears infront of everyone. She presented me with adoption papers the following year at my wedding.

Ava surprised Angelo with adoption papers on our wedding day as well so it was a really emotional moment for our family. The day Angelo signed the papers is the day that Ava started calling him dad and that meant everything because she never had one growing up. Her sleazy father killed himself because he got a client pregnant when he had a whole family living in a different state. A family that didn't want anything to do with Ava.

"Jesus Harlow." My mom shudders as she walks into the kitchen followed by Delilah who is covered in chocolate and I burst out laughing as a tired looking Tallulah walks into the room. "Your children are animals."

"Monsters, mom." Tallulah looks at me with wide eyes as Audrey starts to laugh, "They're monsters."

"What did they do?" Audrey asks while picking her sister up and setting her down on the counter before she begins to clean her up. Delilah has that look on her face that lets me know that she was up to no good and isn't looking forward to getting in trouble.

"I showed them the chocolate that I bought from France and they just jumped on me." My mom looks at me in surprise. "I'm seventy six years old, I felt my whole life flash before my eyes as Dean lunged at me."