CHAPTER FOUR - 🦋EMMA

Every ending has a new beginning.

I reach the new apartment with the chanting still going inside my head. It had been a 30 mins long journey from the campus on the other opposite way to my previous double apartment with Jaden. The whole journey was silent with me leaning on Joyce's shoulder while she drew patterns on my knuckles which is surprisingly doing it's trick in calming me.

As we walk out, I can't help but awe at the building on front. It looks luxurious.

With my mother being a fashion designer, I had been to lots of luxurious buildings and fancy occasions accompanying her for her different shows around the places. I should as well be accustomed to it by now and yet, I'm awed everytime I see something like this.

I'm amaze by how the architects even worked through every different details with such exquisite arts.

And it was too late when I realise there's a small taking on the ground leading to the entrance because I slipped and had myself bumped on someone else.

He stumbles a step back but hold his grip by my waist.

I let out a squeal but stop halfway when his face come to my view.

His grey eyes looks straight into my ocean blue and I feel like he could read my soul. My heart pounds against my chest so hard that I believe he hears it too.

One beat. Two beats.

And one corner of his lips raise to a smirk and he lets go of me.

I take a step back to firm my stand. I try to apologise but my throat close up on me.
Instead I put my head low hoping he understands that it means an apology.

He walks up and lingers a bit by my side as though inspecting me.

"I understand it's hard not to touch me" he whispers like he needs the reminder for himself more than to me.

Oh.

WHAT?!

When I realised what he means, I had let him pass by me just like that- just with that exact thought-he was all across the street before I could defend myself.

And I, don't feel so sorry anymore.

Instead I feel annoyed. Maybe at the way he says it with all pride or maybe at my rotten luck of this day. Or maybe both.

He knew it was clearly an accident.

I know he knew.

Or maybe not.

Maybe he thinks m a creep, perhaps one of those bewildered girls who wanna get into his bed.

But that should matter to me the least. What a stranger thinks of me is absolutely not going to get me.

But it does. It surely does.

Because he is not really a stranger like he claimed he is or is he really a stranger?

Ugh. No time for a stranger Hottest Date.
The more he says he doesn't know me, the better.

Joyce nudge me out of my loaded head with a "Okay so how much?"

What?!

I narrow my eyes at her in pure confusion.

"No? I mean he got the hots; the looks, the body. He's handsome. Surely you are not blind Em. You know what I mean." She half rolls her eyes as she throws me her knowing smirk.

Joyce and I had always played this game of rating people- mostly strangers cause we don't want second hand embarassment later- since our childhood days.