CHAPTER EIGHT - EMMA

For being a wolf is better than being the sheep among them.

"WHAT?!" is the first word I spew as I half choke on my drink, spilling the whole content onto my blue dress in my poor attempt to keep the situation under control.

"Did you really suck him off?" the pretty boy with pierced brows repeats his question louder as he smirks at my misfortune.

"Jesus, Niles" Lucas mutters under his breath as he grabs some tissues from the middle of the table and pass them to me. I mumble a little "thanks" and try my best to save my dress.

"I mean, clearly something is going on here. First, the bike, then now lunch in a fucking cafeteria. When was the last time something like this ever happened? Never. That's when." Niles continues. He glances to me and put up his hands, "No offense to you, beautiful one. I do love dramas when the said drama includes pretty girls." he smirks again clearly noticing my red cheeks.

Nina starts to object but the guy with a beads necklace spelling CHOKE ME beats her and waves his hands dismissively at Niles as he turns to me and says, "Girll, ignore him. He's just being an ass. M Stans btw."

I gave him a small wave and a weak smile as I continue to clean my ruined dress. "Hi Stans. Emma."

"So introductions then?" Niles asks no one in particular.

"Sounds appropriate," says the blonde guy. He rests his elbows on the table and leans in, "I am Preston and clearly the only one with a working brain here." He taps his finger on his temple and Nile snorts. He points to Niles and says, "That's Niles," he points to the guy with military cut in copper red, "That's Maverick, " to which Maverick bows his head, he then points to Lucas, "That's Lucas and," he nudges Grayson with his shoulder and added, "this is Leo.." where Leo just stares at us with his poker face.

Preston looks around us expectantly. Zamya clears her throat and told them our names as she gestures her hands at us.

Nina cross her arms across her chest and asks, "So what is it? Why are y'all here now?" She cocks her brows at Grayson.

"Obviously saving faces?" Niles replies to which Lucas chuckles besides me.

Oh. The audacity.

Nina rolls her eyes and Amy whispers, "Who's saving whose?"

I grind my molars so hard it hurts. Two days at #1 and now they're going to create more dramas in my life. I look up at Grayson but he is already looking at me. And behind him, Jaden is looking straight at me. He nods at my clenched fist and cocks his brows as if asking "What's wrong?"

"Thank you but I don't think I need any face saving when the said problem is created by you." I tell him verbally while attempting a fake smile sweetly at him. He just looks at me blankly. And I hate that face. I stand up with my chocolate shake in my hand, "M going ahead, guys. I got math in another 5 mins."

"You sure?" Zaar asks as I start walking away. I gave her a small nod and a smile. "One call away, Em!" Amy shouts at my back.

I walk pass the next table and hear Niles asking "Wait, that's it? No explanation whatsoever?" I internally groan because what the fuck is happening to my life?!

I am only like five steps out of the cafeteria when a voice stops me.

"Trouble!"

It's Grayson's. I hate to admit it but I turn back at his voice. He's looking at me. I blink at him.

"Me?" I squeak. "Are you calling me 'Trouble'?"

"Anyone else trouble here?" he deadpans.

I mean okay but....

"It's Emma if you forget the name."

"So..uh you're okay?" He sounds like it pained him to ask me that question I almost laugh.

I gave him a quick glance and says, "Why yes. When shit keeps happening, you kinda grow used to it.

In reality, I don't believe that one bit. Something is wrong with my life and I don't know where exactly so that I can sew it back together.

"Okay." He says as he strides forward to walk besides me.

"Okay? Ha! Is that how you console people? Do you get 5 stars a alot?"

"Well yes. I do get 5 stars a lot. In different aspects." he says in all seriousness.

Woah man. Chill.

I stop in front of my class and turn to him, "What do you think you're doing right now?"

He raise his right brow in a question and shrugs, "Walking?"

"Haha funny Asshat. If you're trying to baby sit me in the class and report back to Joyce or something just because she asked, lemme tell you. She's very busy and won't even remember she asked you to do it. So you can stop that bullshit and leave me alone. Okay?"

The asshat just stares at me blankly for a second and stride ahead into the class.

Okay thenn. Another long day ahead. FML!!!