Born For This

I'm checking my vital signs, drawing my battle lines, going to war again,

Feeling the rythm inside of my chest, all I need is just a pen.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Percy's voice dropped to a whisper. "Like Kronos."

Annabeth scowled. "Someone powerful enough to tempt a god?"

"I... I think they're different, somehow. It might be because of the suppressor cuff things but neither Loki or Thor... felt like gods, if that makes sense."

She hummed. "It could be the religion that followed their pantheon. Or it might be like us and the Romans—Jason will always be weaker than Thalia if they practise the same way, because he's Roman, and she's Greek, and our gods are older, and there are more of us—direct descendants of the gods, rather than legacies. Or it could just be that they never had a massive following."

"Huh. Maybe."

Annabeth huffed. "You need to get up and come have breakfast."

"Annabe-e-eth," he dragged out her name, "I don't want to."

"What, you want to miss out on the food?"

"I won't miss out on it—"

"Except for the bit where the dishes get taken in and washed, so you won't have anything to eat off."

Percy grumbled something unintelligible.

"Percy, come on." Annabeth tapped his cheek. "You need to eat."

"... Fine."

Now that Perseus was out of the building, Natasha was realising some things about him.

Firstly; all those odd features that she didn't really noticed if her gaze slid over him. It was like some of them were hard to focus on, or just... stopped existing if she looked too hard for them.

The streak of white in his hair was odd, but it could be a genetic mutation.

What was it called again?

The way his eyes seemed to subtly shift colours between blinks, the tight, pale skin that didn't look like it fit quite right, and the sharp angles of bones hidden underneath baggy clothing.

The scars stretching across his face—crawling down from the hairline, cut like lightning across his cheek—and creeping out from under his cuffs and collar.

And of course the weird feeling he gave off.

Natasha was usually quick to dismiss 'vibes' because they were unreliable, and while her gut was right ninety percent of the time, they weren't exactly at standard for Intel.

But Perseus Jackson felt dangerous in every sense of word.

Sure, he was some nobody kid on crutches, in the middle of the bustling Big Apple, but she saw something in him.

It reminded her of Steve, in all honesty.

And a little of herself.

And it freaked her out. Which might have been why she was acting the way she was.

She, Tony and Bruce had been trying their best to dig up more on him after the encounter with Thor and him admitting to knowing his extended family.

First, they had looked into his mother's side of the family; Sally was married to Paul currently, and expecting to give birth any day now. Her first husband, Gabriel, had been announced missing, and later presumed dead by their local police half a decade ago.