Chapter 2: Babysitting

I lay on the large gray rug at the foot of my bed as I played music from my phone through my AirPods. I was listening to some song, I think J. Cole or Tyler but I was vibing to some rapper song that I had on my shit playlist, and by shit I mean that this playlist has no reason or purpose besides collecting music of all genres that I've liked over the years compiled into one.
This is usually how I mentally prepare for the day even if it feels like today will be the best day ever.
I felt a light tap on my forehead as I opened my eyes and took out one of the AirPods seeing Amity leaning over me already dressed for the day in a simple zip-up jacket, a shirt, and shorts. Her brown hair fell in front on both sides of her face and half of her hair was up in a small ponytail.

"Hey, get up, Emira and Edric are already begging for breakfast," she told me as I groaned before sitting up, pausing my music, and exiting the music app.

"Alright just let me change," I told her as she left my room and I laid back on the soft rug right as my door closed.

Our parents were off on a business trip and were paying me to watch my siblings despite how much my mom hated me around them, more specifically Amity. Our parents owned an industrial home security and weaponry business that was big and had buyers from all across the world as all of our products were high in quality. They were called in yesterday for a week-long business trip of sorts and, per usual, it wasn't planned and was a last-minute showcase, as are all their business trips, and now I, their eldest daughter, must watch over my younger siblings despite their age.

I went to my dresser changing into a black bra, a cotton black tank top, and grey sweatpants. I put on my simple Air Force's that have seen better days before putting my hair up in my traditional half up half down style amity stole from me. Except my hair was dyed green and longer and went beyond my shoulders compared to mittens.
I left the room as I walked down the stairs of my parent's new small house.

Technically larger if you look at it from a middle-class point of view.
Our old house was a mansion my parents adored and had bought way before they started their family and when the blight industries skyrocketed. But once Amity was born my parents finally found the mansion to be too big for a recovering pregnant mother to walk around. So moving closer to Gravesfield was the plan, more like the backup plan since they ended up following through with it, unlike plan A. Not finding a good enough home to just buy off someone (my mother with the pickiest taste) they went ahead and built a manor that was similar to any other old-timey Victorian townhome but made to also look more modern. They had already owned plots of land in the nearby forest of Gravesfield back when many businesses started to move in. So when the time came they used that largest piece of land they owned to put their house on finding it better since the new HQ of Blight Industries was set to move into Gravesfield as well and was in construction by the time they started building their home  

Comparing the two homes I actually preferred this home to the other since it had more characteristics and had a nice location compared to the other was too much and barely fit in the tight rich neighborhood my mom loved.

I entered the kitchen as Ed and Em were eating cereal while Amity was barely making her own.
"So you're gonna complain and beg for food then make yourself something right after?" I questioned as the twin smuggishly smiled as they continued to eat.

"You just took too long Amelia," Ed said with his mouth still full of food as I kept my composure choosing to not slap my brother. I just went to the counter making myself a simple, strong, coffee instead before speaking up.

"Mom said she wanted me to take you three out to buy clothes for school," I told them as I started my parent's fancy coffee maker before going over to a large wine cupboard on the other side of the kitchen and opening one of its draws and pulling out an envelope.
"Each of you get 200 to spend," I told them opening the envelope and pulling out hundreds. Ed was about to grab the first two bills I had pulled out before I snatched them away.
"ONLY on clothes," I yelled as I handed each two bills before I went back to the cupboard putting the envelope away.
"I don't need Mom to ride my ass about the money, so please, don't spend carelessly. I'm talking to you Ed," I said as Ed looked offended at what I said.
I paid no attention though, my coffee had finished pouring and I went over, grabbed it, and then sat down beside Amity at the island my siblings sat at