Chapter 27

The unmistakable thud as a person landed. Xisuma wanted to know why Hels was here. Xenia crossed her arms and faced her brother. "What has he ever done to you?!" she asked a hint of annoyance in her voice. "We don't even know who he is!" exclaimed Xisuma. "Well, yeah, so? What has this wholesome knight ever done to you?!"

"For one - he looks very similar to Wels. That can't be a coincidence," Xisuma pointed out. "I look very similar to you and you're not accusing me!" hissed Xenia. "You did nearly burn down the server!" said Xisuma back and the minute he did, he regretted it. Xenia turned around and put her helmet on and flew off, tears pouring down her cheek.

"Thanks a lot," grumbled Hels "You've just hurt the one person who actually cared for me." With that, he flew off after Xenia, leaving Xisuma alone with his guilt. The admin knew he'd messed up. He groaned in annoyance with himself. Why did he bring this - of all things he could have brought up - he brought up the most sensitive topic.

It was never Xenia's fault.

~~~~

Hels flew in pursuit of his new friend. Out of all the people he met, Xenia was the only one who didn't flinch away from him. 'Maybe that's because she doesn't know my secret.' He thought. The knight could easily tell Xenia hid something and he didn't wanna pressurize her for secrets which she kept close.

After a bit of flying he saw something in the distance. An island far away from the main continent. Hels was tired and desperately needed water. He landed absolutely parched from his search. After downing some water and eating, Hels decided to make camp for the night. After setting it up, he was going to turn in for the night when he heard sobbing.

Wanting to investigate, Hels warily looked around. Up in the tree he saw Xenia up there in a sturdy fork, crying to herself. Hels had half a mind to run up there and question her but running up a tree didn't seem rational or hypothetically possible. Instead he climbed slowly and spoke gently as to not startle her.

That didn't work.

She spun around and skewered him with her sword. Pain flared throughout his entire body and he fell from the tree, dying as he hit the ground. Xenia looked horrified at what she'd done. Luckily Hels had healing potions, one of which he downed to stop the weakness that comes from re-spawning.

"Hels!" yelled Xenia kneeling down beside the knight. "Oh my gosh, I'm so so so sorry! I thought you were an attacker! I never wanted to kill you, it was just instinct! I'm honestly really-" Hels cut her off. "I'm fine. Don't worry." he said. Xenia tackled him in a hug, tears flowing freely down her cheeks. Her helmet was strewn off in another direction.

Hels began calming her down. He'd never done something like this but it seemed to calm the Watcher down. "I'm sorry," she whispered to him. Hels stroked her hair. By the end of it, Xenia was calm and in Hels's lap, clinging onto the knight as though desperate for warmth. "I'm so weak," she muttered "Crying over something my brother said. How silly."

"You're not weak," said Hels "Your brother must have touched a soft spot for you. Even I'd be crying if someone touched my weak spot." Xenia looked at him curiously "You have a weak spot?" she asked, genuinely surprised. "Everyone does," said Hels, still stroking her hair "It's just how we deal with it." He smiled and found himself wishing this could last. An impossible thought crossed his mind.

Was he in love with this girl?

I better move on with the plot of this story but don't worry, we'll have loads of Hex! Yes, loads of it...

RB signing out!
Cya!

<Ruby_Blue2010 left the game>