17 : Saving the youngest child (2)

After coming out of the prison, Roksoo put the dragon down infront of the two kittens. 

"That looks like it hurts."

"So sad."

On and Hong circled around the still silent dragon, the dragon starts to show it's teeth and growl at them. This was probably the first time in it's life, it ever saw anything other than those *disgusting* humans who tortured him. 

Roksoo verified the time on her watch, it looked like they had just enough time to escape. She's brought a highest-grade healing potion with her for the dragon, but she wouldn't be able to use it on them until the mana restriction chains had been removed.

The potion would only work properly if the mana, which was practically as important as the dragon's heart, was no longer being restricted, otherwise, the potion was as good as just decoration – it wouldn't do much without being able to utilise the dragon's mana in the healing process.  

Heading towards the opposite side to the prison, Roksoo looked at the location the torturer had seemed to be protecting, seeing as he'd kept glancing at it. Roksoo patted the cave wall with her hands. 

She kicked the unconscious torturer aside and out of her way, the torturer deserve it anyway. and continued along down the wall, patting it and paying close attention as she went. Noticing the torturer on the floor, the dragon growled at her, but looked back at Roksoo and observed her closely with suspicion.  

Hearing footsteps approach from behind, Roksoo turned his head and called out. 

 "All done?"  

Cale nodded as he sneakily swung his sword in the air to get the rid of the blood on it, not wanting Roksoo to see the bloods in them before putting it at his waist and approached His Darling Roksoo. 

"Are you alright?" Cale asked softly before gently putting both of his hands at her face, holding it gently. Showing no sign of answering, Cale decided to speak again. 

"You're gripping at your wrist darling." Roksoo then looked down at her hands, her right hand are gripping her left one. "You're only doing that whenever your angry.." it was one of Roksoo's habits.

"That.. i'm just angry because, how could they abuse a child..!" Roksoo mutters, Cale then turned his gaze towards the dragon curled up on the floor and started to frown. It was a natural reaction to seeing such a small creature covered in its own blood. 

Cale's eyes twitch as he looked over at the torturer lying unconscious on the floor, biting at his inner cheeks trying to stop his aura from leaking as Roksoo was currently with him.

"Cale." 

"As you ordered, I left the escaping workers alone. Aster also made sure that all of the strong individuals would be unable to fight." Of course, there's no need for Roksoo to know that Cale had left them barely alive but who cares anyways? 

"Cale, will you help me? For the final part of the plan?" Roksoo asked while smiling mischievously at him. "Of course darling." Cale had answer her as if it was the most obvious thing before smiling the same way as her. 

"Then let's destroy the whole cave." HEL YES!! Cale internally cheers in his mind, earlier when Aster tried to suggest destroying the whole cave and Cale agreed on him however Roksoo disagree on them. 

"Well if my darling say so, it shall happen~" 

•  •  •

Looking down at the dragon in her arms, Roksoo began to smile. A look of pure wonder and admiration had taken over the dragon's previously murderous gaze as he looked up at the night sky. For a dragon that hadn't seen anything except the cave walls in its four-years of life. 

Roksoo understood what the dragon was feeling and, whilst she would've liked to give it more time to admire the sky, he couldn't do that. Placing the dragon down gently on the grass, its gaze was drawn to Cale, filling once again with anger and suspicion, curling its body up tightly and looking a second away from attacking. 

Roksoo could see why the dragon hadn't broken under torture even after all these years. That was one of the reasons Roksoo was personally drawn to this dragon. Kim Rok Soo had been abused growing up as an orphan, in the end, she'd given in to the abuse and broken under it. After that, she didn't think she had the strength to fight against the world.  

However, things were different now. Because she have Cale in her side although there's not even a year but Cale had already become part of her life. Cale was now someone on her life. A special one at that. 

• • • 

"Young master, miss Roksoo. what if the dragon decided that living as it's wants was to follow both of you??"

"Well, it's not hurt to take care another child anyway." Roksoo answered, Cale also spoke agreeing on her. "I mean, i already taking care two children right? adding another one would not be a problem."

'If they're not going to take good care of the child, then i would! There is no need to torture a four year old child!' Roksoo thought. Both her and Cale's eyes softened while looking at the two kittens. 

""Meeoow~""

Roksoo crouched down to bring the two kittens that were just back from getting the mana disturbance orb into her arm. However Roksoo staggered when she suddenly felt pain into her stomach or in her lower abdomen to be specific. 

"Miss Roksoo!"

"Darling!" Cale shouts immediately went into her side catching her before she could fall, He then carried her properly in bridal style before looking worriedly at her. 

"What's wrong? Is something hurt? is it bearable?" Cale asked in anticipation. questions one after another. Afterall Cale does know how much Roksoo hates pain. 

"Let's go home.." Roksoo mutters, hugging the two kittens in her arms safely so they would not fall, leaning her head into Cale's shoulders. The redhead then turned to looked at Aster. 

"Let's go back! Quick!" Cale said as both of him and aster immediately went back in the inn. 

However little did they know. 

The black dragon was watching them from above the tree using invisibility, tears starts to drips out from the little black dragon's blue eyes. He hugged the empty potion bottle tightly as he decided to follow the redhead and ravenette human that gave him freedom. 

Warmth starts to fill his longing heart.