Strange Magic

Within the Eldervale Outpost, Master Chief had been waiting for his team to arrive. He had plugged Cortana back into the system as they organized a plan. He then heard heavy footsteps and looked over to see his team, Blue Team.

There was Frederic-104, the Sub-Leader of the Blue Team and Close Quarter Combat Specialist. He wore blueish grey MJOLNIR armor, with two white stripes on his chest plate and his number. Along with a white V shape on his helmet. He's a natural leader and a brilliant strategist. Highly intelligent, alert, and objective-focused during operations. Which will come in handy for this rescue mission.

Frederic removed his helmet and held it to his side. "Master Chief. It's good to see you again." He said and nodded to his old friend. Master Chief nodded in response. Fred's blue-green eyes examined the holo screen before him and slicked his black hair with streaks of silver due to his augmentation procedures. He moved some data around and looked at the picture of Kaiya.

"So this is the woman we're going to rescue?" He asked as Cortana appeared on the table.

"Yes, that is correct, Frederic-104." She said another SPARTAN, Kelly-087, the Scout of Blue Team, walked over and removed her helmet, and set it on the table. She wore a white MJOLNIR with her numbers labeled in black. Kelly is the fastest in the group even with the armor on. Her mind was fast as well, highly perceptive and observant. The perfect scout. She had naturally brown hair and wore her hair close-cropped. Her blue eyes also looked over the data quietly.

And the last member of Blue Team is Linda-058, the Marksman. Her MJOLNIR armor is a sandy color scheme. Her helmet was uniquely designed to enhance her spinner ability. She too removed her helmet. Her skin was pale, very pale, with blood-red hair and emerald green eyes. Among the team, she was the quietest of them all.

"Why would the Covenant kidnap a cadet? She's not a high-ranking officer." Kelly asked curiously. Cortana pulled up a video recording of Kaiya and her friends.

"According to her friends and the recording, Kaiya is the only one to active this Artifact and the alien temple it was found in. We guess that because of this, Kaiya Walker became a valuable prisoner for the Covenant." Cortana explained. "We will be taking a stealth class ship, rescue Kaiya, and escape. And if possible grab the Artifact."

"Sounds like a solid plan, but the only issue here is...it's been nearly 70 hours since Kaiya was taken and the ship could be light years away by now." Fred pointed out.

"We did think of that." Master Chief said to his comrade. "Once we have gathered everything we need and get on the ship, Cortana will use the long-range radar to locate the ship once we are in space."

The Blue Team acknowledged the plan with a unison nodding of the head before they put their helmets back on and began to gather what they needed for the mission. Cortana took measurements of Kaiya's body and pointed over to the spacesuits. "Grab that size small spacesuit. We'll need it to get Kaiya off the ship." She said to the Master Chief. He looked over and nodded before he gathered the suit and put it into a case.

                                                                           ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hello...? Anybody?" Kaiya called out to the darkness around her. The only thing she heard was the echo of her voice and the pitter-patter of her feet as she wandered around the darkness. She felt so alone in this world of darkness. She could feel hopelessness creep into her heart as she wrapped her arms around herself.

"Please! Anyone! I need help!" She called out louder, but no one answered her back. She again wandered around for what seemed like forever to her until she heard the sound of running behind her. Kaiya looked back but saw nothing. The sound was getting closer and louder. It sounded like a stampede. Suddenly she felt like she was being shoved and pushed around then heard the screaming.