Rescue Me

Moving swiftly and carefully through space towards the Flagship, Master Chief and Blue Team used their jump-jets to glide through the darkness. They would use the jets to propel themselves, turning them off and on to avoid detection. In the corner of his eye, Master Chief spotted a single lone asteroid drifting nearby. An idea formed in his head and signaled his team to follow him. They nodded and turned to the floating space rock.

Once Chief had grabbed onto it as well as the others, together they used their jump-jets to propel the asteroid towards the Seeker of Truth. The plan was to use the asteroid to avoid detection. To the Covenant, they were just a plain stray asteroid drifting through the endless starry cosmos.

As the asteroid got closer to the hull of the large flagship, Blue Team jumped off the space rock and floated down. Carefully, they activated their anti-gravity boots and landed without making a sound. Fred glanced around until he saw a maintenance access hatch they could use. He nudged Master Chief and pointed to the hatch with two of his fingers. The Chief looked and nodded before they all quietly walked over. Fred quietly opened the hatch after pressing some buttons on the panel next to it and they all went inside.

As Master Chief landed on the floor, he quickly drew his assault rifle and glanced around. No hostiles nearby...besides a couple of sleeping grunts which Kelly and Linda promptly dealt with. He carefully stood up and glanced around the hull. It reminded him of the first time he and his team had entered a Covenant ship for the first time near the very beginning of the Human-Covenant War. When they learned that they could be defeated...all thanks to his dear old friend...Sam. Has it been so long since that day?

Clearing his mind of the past, he ejected Cortana from his helmet and inserted her into a nearby control panel.

"Okay...now let's see where they are keeping Kaiya..." Cortana said as she opened the data center. Suddenly lights began to flash red and an alarm was set off. "Damn it! Well they now know we are here...get ready guys!" She said before Master Chief yanked her out so she wouldn't be harmed or captured.

"Cortana, did you manage to get full access to their system?" Chief asked as he inserted her back into his helmet.

"Yes, I did. Kaiya is being held two floors below us. But now that they know we are here they will most likely move her or have many guards stationed near the brig." Cortana replied.

"Alright. Blue Team. On me." He said as he turned around to see Jackals, Grunts, and Elites come running down the hall.

                                                                               ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Five minutes before the alarms are set off...

For the last few hours, Kaiya was hard at work on making the cup less wobbly. When no one was looking she practiced and practiced making it less wobbly with each time she tried. It was a start. A good start so far. Just as she was able to make the cup almost stable the lights flashed red and the alarm went off.

Kaiya, startled, knocked over her cup and quickly tied her ribbon into the side of her hair. She quickly looked over to the guards. "W-What's going on?" She asked them only to receive silence and they began to take a defensive stance in front of her cell and their eyes focused on the door. Kaiya took note of their posture and listened closely to hear plasmablasts and gunfire.

Her eyes widened when the realization hit her like a train. A rescue team had come. Her friends kept their promise. She was going to go home soon!

                                                                                 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, on the Bridge, Thel 'Vadamee had been watching the Demons through a monitor and hissed a bit to himself. So the humans sent the Demons to rescue the girl and perhaps take the Artifact. His fists clenched a bit. He would not allow them to take either of them, but perhaps not keep both on the ship.