II : Flectere si nequeo superos, acheronta movebo

A/N: I'm sorry for this chapter personally ANHSBHBS this chapter itself is why it's rated T

So ignore the out of placeness, i just took some mocknames suggestions from my oomfs bc this is how much i hate kaizo he doesn't even get a proper description or a proper debut chapter <3
but i assure you the rest of the chapters would be smooth sailing (i hope).

===================================

"Have you made your choice?"

A commotion was heading towards them. It's the escort.

Solar shall be brought into a path of no return, doomed to serve as his original purpose: an energy source for mortalkind.

But the rules of heaven conclude that he shall serve the people for the greater good, a guardian and a beacon. If his destiny has been written as such, has the heavens forsake him?

If I cannot bend the will of heaven, I shall move hell.

So he did.

Shattered glass from the beaker he held spreads on the floor of their meeting place. A hole worms out underneath, straight into the hangar.

Hali strikes the panel beside him, closing the door. "Pluto's Requiem, number 8. The silver blue aircraft."

Solar lands on the roof of a cargo airship with minimal sound, and surveys the empty surroundings. They seem to really focus the soldiers onto the mothership.

He spotted the aircraft, ready to launch. There was an explosion at the top, and Hali trailed behind him as a slab of iron covered their escape hole.

Solar had made sure the explosion was seen as an accidental chemical fusion, his partner just needed to strike at the right moment.

They had laid low for the last few days, reducing suspicion. They had obeyed every order, endured every mind-crushing experiment, and struck every poor unfortunate soul that their superiors had targeted. No more of that bullshit.

Few more meters and they'll be home free.

The two weaved through every vehicle, careful to not leave a mark. "Hey," Solar started. "Do you think I'd make it as an alchemist?"

Hali does not turn, but his face holds a solemn expression. "Yeah, you'd make a great one,"

There was a constant stream of violet light in the background, contrasting the atmosphere.

Their boots echo through the hangar, and the blue and white lighting from the runways showers their skins with a soft gradient. Two spirits escaping death, two spirits embracing freedom, and the only thing that could stop them...

...was a silhouette dressed in orange standing before their escape route.

____________________________________

He looks so tired.

There they were on the way to salvation when their original master stood before them. All armored and scarred, and he stood with all the power and none the dignity. There was no more light in those eyes. An unusual energy lingers in the air.

And he looks so, so tired.

"Have you two lost hope in me too?"

The two elementals' confidence faltered. There was eerie silence and crushing pressure. They were ready for reprimandation, a fight, or a bargain. They were ready for any punishment fit for traitors, but those words held far heavier meaning.

Boboiboy lets out a bitter laugh. "What have I actually done for the world, truly? What is it that the both of you realized far sooner than I did?"

Those eyes held disappointment and grief, but it was not directed to the two. Solar could not face such an expression and turned away. He had never seen him like this. Not even when Boboiboy was an imaginary husk that he once helped to puppeteer.