V: Transit umbra, lux permanet

HEEEEEE I ALMOST FORGOT THIS EXISTS WHOOPS i do write a few chapters in advance before posting one i just kinda got into enstars now and that means im gonna get more insane after this

anyways have this old chap while i review the newer ones also stan UNDEAD

=========================================

The once silent and cold mountain is filled with the notes from the lyre.

It started with a calming tune as soft as the wind, of another foreign traveler arriving at the waterborne city. Then the tune picks up heavily to a climactic fight with a dragon, and Solar can feel the hurricane when the dragon blows down on the city, as if Venti himself is controlling the wind around them.

They had arrived in front of a blood red tree by now, and Solar held the urge to inspect it if it were not for the monsters around it. Despite that, the monsters were not attracted to the music, and left them to pass by. The foxes seem interested in them, though.

A sorrowful tune tells the story of Decarabian's Tower, where the dragon once resided, and the unveiling of the truth. Then it picks up again, albeit more hopeful this time, as the threat of Stormterror finally dissipates.

The wind is calmer now, and Solar wonders just how the dragon had felt, being forgotten of its previous deeds only to be remembered as a monster.

As they climbed up a hill, the tune changed to that of a different instrument. Slow and sharp, it tells of empty plains of a once thriving town, before it was flooded and shifts into the image of a busy city by the sea.

A hopeful melody transitioned to a dire instrumental, as a god has fallen. The tune of panic, fear and hopelessness spreads through the snow, and Solar himself can feel the sheer dread. What could have happened, and what did the people do?

Alas, the story's main character was framed, and a controversy between the people and the land's guardians transpired.

Had Solar never been a mortal, he would've sided with the guardians. But his mortal memories had overtaken him, and he can feel what the people wanted.

There was a battle, much fiercer than Stormterror, and the music feels like it's shaking the whole mountain with the climax. The lack of vibration from the rocks and snow around them tells otherwise.

But the cheery notes afterwards tells him that the land of Liyue has won, and Solar can feel himself releasing a breath he's been holding.

Mortals and immortals agreeing to work side by side, how often does that happen he wonders.

They had arrived at some kind of worn down city, but Solar was too focused on the next tale to study the architecture.

This time a sorrowful music appears first, picturing a grave atmosphere. A storm covers a continent, both literally and metaphorically. Military protocols control the people with an ongoing war.

The main character met allies, and also potential enemies. But meddling in politics you don't have a say in is never a good thing, and soon the character had weapons pointed at them.

It makes Solar feel on edge, remembering the soldiers and how guns had been pointed at him. This time it seems like the people are against each other instead, with no corrupted guardian and monsters largely involved, and he shivers at the thought.

The story was much slower and sorrowful, and he misses the tune of a bustling city from the previous tales instead. Turns out the civil war had been a feud rooted deep in its history, with another foreign mastermind involved.