Eighteen

Third Person

Jayland splashed the water around in the bathtub as Reka watched him as he hummed gently. His mind was filled with what had happened to the boy and a tightness bloomed in his chest.

He smiled when jayland looked back at him, "finished? " he asked,

Jayland nodded and lifted his arms as he was carried out of the tub, a fluffy towel was wrapped around him.

Reka continued the humming, slowly sending him into a blissful daze. "The doctors going to come to take a look at you," he was told.

"Doctor?" he asked with wide eyes.

"yes, I can be sure you he is a very nice man, " The fae smiled down at him and picked him up balancing the boy on his hip.

....

Jayland was dressed in a fuzzy onesie as he lay beside his Papa coloring and murmuring to himself. The fireplace popped occasionally.

"Papa," he said, as he sat up, he showed him the picture he drew.

Nyx's eyes widened and a smile speedy widely across his face, "oh wow baby boy!" he gushed, "that's so good!" a blush spread quickly across Jay lands face.

"I know," The dark fae said, "why don't we put it on the notice board?" Jayland nodded quickly but winced, holding his head as a wave of nausea rushed over him.

He let a whine slip out of his mouth as he curled into his papa.

"oh, poor baby" Nyx whispered kissing his child's head and gently swaying him backward and forwards as he picked him up.

Ding dong

The doorbell chimed throughout the house.

"I got it!" Reka called from the kitchen and Nyx moved to the entranceway, bobbing Jay on his hip who had taken to sucking on his sleeve.

Reka opened the door and there stood a short wood elf, his pointy ears sticking out from the side of his head, deep brown eyes and neat golden hair styled up into a ponytail.

"Dr. Saji, so glad you could come at such short notice. "  Reka stepped aside to let him in.

The doctor stepped inside, "it's no trouble at all, "

Nyx started to walk forwards to greet the elf but Jayland let out a whine and dug himself into his neck, shaking. Nyx shushed the boy.

"he's a bit shy" Nyx explained to the doctor.

The doctor smiled at them both kindly, "that's alright, I'm sure we can grow to be friends."

Reka smiled "where would you like him?" he asked.

"preferably anywhere he's lying down, if you have a changing table that would be perfect" the elf replied.

At that Jayland was taken into the nursery and placed on the changing table.

"do you want him stripped?" the dark fae asked, looking behind him and the elf.

"not at this moment in time," he replied

Jayland looked at the elf with wet wide eyes, a tightness grew in his chest at the sight of the man. Even with the kind smile that the doctor gave him he still had the urge to cry.

"Now let's take a look at you hey buddy? " the elf said moving around to the side of the changing table, his stethoscope reflecting Light all around the room making stripped rainbow patterns that flowed across the room, entrancing jaylands eyes.

Jayland let a small wine and he felt the cold gloved hand of the doctor prodding around the wound on his head,  the doctor let out a small thinking sound as he reached for something in his bag, "it looked a little infected, I'm just going to rub some antiseptic onto the wound and I would like to stitch it up, the bath looks to of washed away most if not all of it.

The doctor then knelt down in front of the boy. "little one, I need to use this magic needle and thread to close up the nasty boo-boo on your head " the doctor stated in a soft tone.

"magic?" the boy replied.

"yes magic!" of course the needle and thread weren't really magic, but if helped calm the boy's nerves down then he can believe its magic. "it will close up your cut and it has super healing powers which make it good as new!" the doctor exclaimed to him.

Jayland finally let out a smile and the doctor went back to his back.

"where's Osbourne? " Reka asked, sensing what would come next, "in the cot." his husband replied. Which Reka went and got the teddy.

.
.
.

"thank you so much doctor," Reka said as he walked him to the door, holding Jayland who was still sniffling slightly but was now a proud owner of a lollipop and a sticker. 

"It was a pleasure " the doctor gushed, he turned to Jayland, "bye bye little one " he waved and smiled as Jayland gave him a small wave back.

The door closed and Jayland let out a sigh of relief as he held Daddy close. His scent calming him and the medicine he was given to ease the pain he was in was slowly lulling him back to sleep.

As Reka moved more towards the kitchen the scent of freshly baked vegetable pie wafted through the room, Jaylands mouth watered at the thought of being fed proper food for the first time in a week. He tried to crane his neck to see what was cooking in the pot on top of the stove. His stomach rumbled loudly at the sight of a sweet dessert being cooked in a boiling put of water.

Reka chuckled lightly, "ready for dinner?" he asked his child.

"yes, please! " Jayland laughed and clapped his hands loudly,

Reka the placed Jayland on the ground "you go find Papa while I finish up here, and the we can see about getting you fed!" Reka tickled Jays stomach and the boy let out a laugh.

Unbeknownst to the two fae's in the room a feeling washed over that he couldn't quite work out, as he reached for his papa and was held in his arms the feeling got bigger and bigger.