Chapter 3

"Those dwarves were right!! I should have had a sword with me!!" I yelled as soon as I was locked in a cell. After a few minutes, a female elf came up to my cell. She had long red hair.

"Who are you?" I asked, leaning up against the wall.

"Taruiel. And you are?" She asked looking down at me.

"Coryander." I sighed.

"Are you okay?" She came down and kneeled.

"Not really. I've just taken from my home for apparently trespassing." I laid my head on the stone wall. She didn't answer me.

"You said dwarves?" She asked, standing back up.

"Yeah. I'm not sure where they are at."

"I must go. It was nice meeting you, Coryander!" She said running away from me.
_______________________________________________________________

It feels like I've been here for 3 days. Oh wait. I have been. It's been quiet. And boring. I'm just happy I get food!

I'm not 100% sure what time it was. But it was late. I heard yelling and shouting from down the hall. I went to the cell gate and looked out it. It was those dwarves!! An elf came down to my cell and unlock the gate. I was about to exit it, but a dwarf was thrown in.

"Ow!" I yelled. "Get off me!" I exclaimed. He stood up.

"Coryander?" Fili asked, looking down at me.

"Yeah. That's me." I sighed, sitting back against the wall.

"What are you doing here?"

"I've been arrested for trespassing, been here for 3 days." I smiled.

"Don't worry. We'll get out." He said, patting my head.

"There's no way out. I've been here for three days."

He didn't say anything.

"Why are you guys here?" I looked up at him.

"Going through elf territory." He smiled.

"Trespassing?" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah." He chuckled. I smiled and shook my head.

After a few hours of chatting, Bilbo arrived!

"Bilbo?!" I exclaimed, looking at him through the cell gate.

"Bilbo!" All the dwarves exclaimed.

"Well, be quiet now." He whispered. "I'll get you guys out." He said in a hushed tone, going to Thorin's cell and unlocking it. Soon he came to Fili and my cell.

"Coryander?" He asked as soon as I got out of the cell.

"Yes?" I asked, looking down at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked looking at me.

"Trespassing. Like you lot." I chuckled. "I better get back to my tree. You guys go." I smiled and hugged all the dwarves. "Good luck on your journey." I said running towards the exit.

"Wait! Coryander!" Thorin yelled. I turned and looked at them.

"What?"

"Follow us." He said. I rolled my eyes and ran back down to them. I was half way there when somebody grabbed my arm. I heard Bilbo, Thorin, Fili, and Kili yell 'No'. I turned to see who grabbed my arm. It was the same guard that chained me.

"Shouldn't you be getting the other culprits?" I asked looking up at him.

"I was told to watch over you." He said, pulling me back to a cell. When I turned back to see the dwarves and Bilbo, they were gone.

"Come on." He pushed me back into the cell, locked it and left. This is just great. Locked up! Again!

"You know. You're supposed to follow us." Bilbo said, coming out of nowhere and unlocking my cell.

"Bilbo!" I exclaimed in a whisper.

"Come on then." He whispered. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the kitchen. "Get in a barrel." He said, nodding at the barrels. When I looked at all the barrels, all the dwarves were in their own barrel.

"Why?" I asked, climbing into a barrel.

"Just do as he says." Thorin said. As soon as I was in, Bilbo pulled a leaver and all the barrels started to move down and out to the stream.

"Wait! What about Bilbo!?" I exclaimed looking up at where we just came out of.

"He'll figure it out!" Thorin yelled. We rode in barrels in the stream for awhile.

"Hey! That's my tree!" I said, passing by my big beautiful oak tree. I quickly climbed out.

"Bye!!!" I exclaimed as the rest of the dwarves rode by.

"Bye, Coryander!" Bilbo said, as he floated by in the water. I ran up to my tree, everything was still there. My fish, my berries. Everything was there. Perfect. I climbed up to my branch.

"Hello, Coryander." A man said from behind the shadows.

"How'd you find me?" I asked, backing up to the trunk.

"You know. When you run away, you normally run somewhere the person doesn't know." He said, coming out of the shadows. Of course it was Thranduil. But that's weird. He never leaves his area. It's a bit creepy. Him following me to my home. Or him waiting for me at my home.

"You know." I stopped talking.

"What was that?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Nothing." I sighed a sigh of defeat.

"That's right." He said. "Now, let's get you back." He said, walking behind me. I climbed back down my tree. Before he made it to the bottom, I ran deep into the woods. Before he could catch me.

"I can't run forever. But I have to." I said leaning up against a tree. After a minute of resting, I heard a noise.

"Hello?" I looked around. "Who's there?"

"Oh. Hello." A young girl said, coming out from behind some bushes. "Sorry." She said, looking up at me.

"It's alright. What's your name?" I asked, going down to her height.

"Thyme." She nodded. "And you are?"

"Coryander." I smiled. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I got lost trying to go back home." She said. She looked like she had been crying.

"It's alright. I can help you back home." I smiled. She smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Thank you, Miss. Coryander." She smiled.

"Do you know what your home looks like?" I asked, standing back up.

"It's a log house with a red roof." She said.

"I just saw one. A few miles ago. We can't be to far away." I said, turning around. We walked for a while before Thyme needed a break.

"Where do you live?" She looked up at me as we sat under a tree.

"I live in a big beautiful oak tree. Oh. Well. I used to." I sighed. I'm not sure I even have a home any more.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"You said you used to live in a big oak tree. Why?"

"I apparently was living/trespassing." I paused. "I've lived in the tree for 6 years, and now the elves have an issue." I scoffed.

"Wait..."

"Don't worry. I didn't even know I was trespassing. I haven't done anything else bad." I said looking down at her. She nodded.

"Let's go." She stood up and helped me to my feet. We walked around for a bit and we finally found her house.

"It was nice meeting you, Thyme." I curtsied.

"Thank you so much, Coryander." She smiled and hugged me. "I hope you can get your home back." She said and went back in.

"Well...now what?" I said aloud.