Chapter 10

Author's POV:

Thranduil's eyes wiped open to a high pitched screaming coming from down the hall. He grabbed his dressing robe and ran down to where the screaming was coming from. But, he knew exactly where it was coming from. It's been several weeks since Coryander was kidnapped by the orcs. She's been having night terrors every night.

Thranduil pushed the doors open to her room.

"Coryander, wake up!" He said, shaking her awake.

"Wh-what?" She let out through her tears. Thranduil sat down on her bed.

"It's okay." He said as Coryander moved closer to his body. Thranduil laid back with her and slowly put her back to sleep. This was the new normal thing for him. It's been like this for the last few weeks. He figured something was going to have to happen. She keeps waking up in the middle of the night.

"Thranduil, sir," an elf said entering Coryander's room, "is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine. Now, leave us." He whispered, shooing the elf away. The elf nodded, and left the two. Thranduil laid in her bed, running his hand through her hair as he held her shaking body.

"You're going to be alright." He pecked the top of her head. She smiled, and giggled lightly.

He stayed there all night. And he began to wonder and think about Coryander. She's said more than once that she's loved him. But, she kept denying it. Thranduil wasn't sure of his feelings anymore. He hasn't loved anyone since his wife, who sadly passed away years ago. Coryander was a special lady. Well, as special as a human could get to an elf. And to Thranduil, it was pretty special.

He looked down at the sleeping girl, who was curled up into his side. Her hair was covering her face, only making it so her lips were showing and they were parted. Thranduil smiled slightly.

"Oh. Why did you come into my life, Coryander?" He sighed, holding her. He laid his head back. Then, a thought came.

If you love something, set it free.

He decided to let her go. When Coryander woke, Thranduil was going to let her go back to her tree and go home.

Coryander's POV:

When I woke up, I was in Thranduil's arms. This isn't the first time this has happened. I keep having nightmares every night.

"Good morning." Thranduil stirred, looking down at me.

"Hello." I moved out of his arms. "Why do you stay in my room?"

"You keep having nightmares. You wake up screaming every night. I seem to be the only one to calm you down." He stood up and left.

"Oh." I climbed off my bed and went to my dresser. I grabbed a green and gold dress. I pulled my night gown off and looked at my back. It wasn't bruised and bloody anymore. It was more scared.

I threw my dress on, brushed my hair, threw it in a tie, slipped my slippers on and ran down to the kitchens. I put my apron on and started the dishes.

"The king would like a word with you, miss." An elf said just after I started the dishes.

"Oh. Okay. Thank you." I wiped my hands on my apron and walked down to Thranduil's hall.

"Sir," I nodded and curtsied, "you wanted a word?"

"Yes." He turned his head and looked at me.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to leave. To go home." He stood up and came down to me.

"What? Why?" I asked, trying to keep my balance. The room started spinning.

"You are no longer needed here." He stood in front of me.

"But, but, but, I was needed 4 weeks ago. Where will I live? What will I do?" I looked up at him, tears starting to form. I can't leave!

"You will live in your tree. And do what you did before you came here." He looked down at me.

"But,"

"No buts. You will pack up some clothes, and leave by high noon." He turned and started to walk to his throne.

"But, Thranduil, I... I can't leave."

"And why is this?" He turned before going up to his throne.

"Why? I think you know why." I finally let the tears go.

"No, I can't say I do know why." He turned back around and walked back to me.

"I can't leave... Because... Because I love you." I said. I looked down and away from him. He came closer to me.

"You love a ruthless king like me?!" He yelled. "Do you love me now?!" He yelled, and his face changed. It was all torn and ripped up. His eyes changed from the beautiful blue they are to all white. Muscles were shown.

"Stop it!" I screamed, turning away from him. "Stop it!!"

"Guards! Take her to her room and pack her some clothes and food!" Thranduil yelled, going up to his throne. Two guards came and dragged me to my room. They threw me a nap sack. I grabbed some dresses and threw them into the sack, whilst tears ran down my face. I threw the bag on my back and went to the front gates.

"He's letting me go." I said, looking at the guard that was watching the door. He nodded, pulled the doors open, and let me out. I walked away from the Wood-Land realm, the palace, and Thranduil.