Prince Charming

"It's a lovely flower Tulin, thank you," Teba told his son once they'd landed back at the castle. "You're lucky, that girl let you have one."

"Yeah! She was really nice," the little marquis explained, holding onto his father's wing as they walked to the entrance where someone else was waiting for them.

Standing at the entrance, adorned in his usual blue robes, was Revali, the court magician. As his name would suggest, he was a very skilled magic user, and served as an advisor of sorts to the king; next to Teba.

"Well, well. I'm glad to see you've found the little one," he chuckled, tossing his head and making his way over to them. "Where'd he run off to this time?"

Teba sighed, as Revali knelt down to rub Tulin on the head, just as several others had done.

"In the village. Would you believe he got stuck in some poor girl's fence?"

The magician raised an eyebrow. "Really now?" He asked, turning to Tulin, who nodded rapidly.

"It was an accident. I wanted to pick one of her flowers for Dad, but I ended up lodged in the fence. She got me out though, and then took me to the town square where Dad found us," the young marquis explained.

Revali gave Teba a knowing look.

"I'm glad to hear you've had fun. Did you by chance catch her name?" He queried, getting up.

"Zelda, I'm pretty sure; why do you ask?" The duke wondered.

Revali sighed, crossing his wings in front of his chest.

"Thought maybe I'd at least get to know a coming guest or two, what with his highness inviting every single maiden in the kingdom to the ball," he muttered grimly.

Revali had never been one for social occasions. He was clearly not riveted with the idea of being stuck at a lavish party for hours on end when he could be doing something more important, like practicing his magic.

"Speaking of which, have you figured out how we're gonna tell the prince? I mean, does he even know yet?"

"Do I know what?" A fourth voice suddenly chimed in.

The three rito quickly whipped around, and sure enough, there stood Prince Link in the very flesh. He wore a mildly confused expression, having just walked in.

Revali's brows furrowed, and a sigh escaped his beak. To say he and the prince got along would be less believable than claiming a goose laid golden eggs.

Teba quickly kneeled in respect, followed by the reluctant magician and Tulin.

"Your highness, has your father informed you of his plans by any chance?" The duke asked him, considering it'd be rude to refuse answer to a question.

To none of their surprise, Link shook his head. "No? Is there something he should tell me?" He replied, before Revali cut in.

"He's throwing you a fancy party," he stated, brandishing his navy wings in the sun. "Although it's more so for finding you a wife then it is for enjoying, I suppose."

The excited look that had blossomed on the prince's face began to slowly wither away. His father wasn't exactly the type to throw a lot of celebrations, so this very well could've been something to get excited about.

"He's...what?!" The prince exclaimed, looking between the three rito before bolting back inside, presumably to go see if Revali wasn't playing some cruel trick.

They could only stare in bewilderment as Link made his way to the throne room where his father would surely be.

It wasn't long before the magician shrugged and took off after him. Teba and Tulin quickly staggered behind.