Searching For Her

In the week that followed, a royal decree was put out, fastened to several posts and walls around the kingdom, and it didn't take long for Zelda to find out about it.

It had been three days since the ball, and the feeling of the prince's hand clinging to her own had yet to leave.

She was collecting the week's laundry from Urbosa when she found out.

"I wish they wouldn't stamp that annoying decree in every single nook and cranny," the gerudo woman mumbled to herself as she dumped a new load of clothes into the wash bin.

Zelda looked up from the giant canvas bag she carried.

"The one about the tax raises? Yeah, those are really annoying," she sighed, before Urbosa interrupted her.

"No no, not that one. The one about the ball," she corrected her, heading to grab some soap from one of the shelves.

Zelda's heart dropped, and so did the bag she held. Dresses and clothes of every color dropped onto the floor.

"T-The what?" She asked quizzically as she swiftly bent down to pick up the mess.

Urbosa stopped to giggle at her friend's mishap and then continued on.

"There was apparently some mystery girl at the prince's birthday ball that ran out of the party unexpectedly. They've been trying to locate her ever since," the washerwoman explained as she reached for the tops of the highest shelf.

For an incredibly tall gerudo, Urbosa actually struggled a little getting her box of soap down.

Zelda's heart began thudding against her chest. The king...no, the prince wanted to find her.

"Why would they want to do that?" Zelda asked, wrapping up the canvas bag in a knot to make sure nothing fell out this time.

"Well..." Urbosa began, dumping the soap block into her pail, "Everyone's saying he wants to marry her."

Thank Hylia Zelda hadn't picked up the bag again, otherwise her clothes would've probably returned to the floor.

"M-m-m...." she could barely speak at all; she'd virtually forgotten how to.

"Marry her?!"

***

"You don't think you had one too many drinks that night? I mean I'm glad you've found someone you want to marry but conducting a kingdom-wide search for her?" Teba asked the prince, as he watched him pace back and forth, thinking.

Sat next to the duke was Revali, who had been summoned mostly against his will. The king and prince were fairly intent on pursuing this "mystery" girl, so it was only natural he'd be roped into attending.

The entire time, the rito had to resist the inhuman urge to blurt out that it had been Zelda who danced with him. However, revealing that he'd used his magic outside castle perimeters without authority probably wouldn't end up well for him.

"I won't find someone like that anywhere else. She understands me like few others have before," Link replied.

"Besides, I've already found a lead in our search."

Not wasting a second, he then pulled out from a box he was keeping at his feet, the glass slipper she'd lost on that night three days ago.

Teba let out a small gasp.

"You stole her shoe?!" He exclaimed, before Link promptly shook his head.