Curiosity Breaks the Cat's Leg (MK system x Fem!Reader)

This was a fun one and i definitely got very carried away writing it lmao

Please be aware there is an attempt at assault in this oneshot: from 'and then there were hands grabbing you' until 'everything was out of focus' if you want to skip it :)

Stay safe and enjoy <3

-Can you write both Marc and Steven one? Maybe when the reader gets badly hurt and she's on
crutches...... The boys blame themselves for it-
For @leah_spector_grant

From the very moment you slipped out of the apartment in the middle of the night to meeting the crazed cultist in an alleyway you knew you shouldn't have followed Marc but you really just couldn't help yourself.

You prided herself on your worry for others and if there was anyone that needed worrying over it was your boyfriends who somehow always managed to find themselves in the deepest pits of trouble.

To their credit, both went to extreme measures to assure you everything was fine and Marc made sure that you had no involvement in whatever business they got up to when you weren't looking, something Steven seemed uncertain on but still actively helped keep up.

It was infuriating but at the same time it only made you love them more.

So when you were woken up in the middle of the night by your boyfriend slipping from the bed and into a sturdy pair of shoes and dark clothes, you knew you would be an idiot to not follow him, whoever it was fronting at that moment.

This might be your only chance to get answers.

You followed him silently, fighting with your clothes as you hurriedly tried to get changed without possibly losing your boyfriend in the streets of London and before you knew it, the cold air of the night was hitting against your face as you raced through the streets.

You could see Marc or Steven not too far ahead of you, dipping around corners with an agility you never knew he was capable of until suddenly... you couldn't see him at all.

He'd vanished.

You made a quiet noise of confusion as you stumbled to a stop in the middle of the street, peering down the alley you could have sworn your boyfriend walked down but only dark wisps of shadows curling around the bricks of the buildings greeted you.

"You're losing your mind, Y/N," you muttered to yourself as you took a cautious step into the stretch of the alley, shivering as the cold licked against you. "Your boyfriends don't have superpowers, they didn't just disappear, you just lost them."

Much to your dismay the depths of the alleyway didn't enlighten anything to you and you were still eerily alone where you stood shivering.

Perhaps tonight wasn't the night for answers, it seemed to be getting colder as the seconds ticked by and Marc's oversized shirt wasn't doing you any favours against the harsh night.

The streets were empty but you could hear yells and music distantly making their way over the expanse of buildings and you let the assurance of human life guide you as you hurriedly made your way back to the apartment.

The moon was incredibly bright above you, silver strings of starlight winding through the cracks in the footpath below you as you took a deep breath, prickles of constellations burning into the back of your neck as you let your eyes close in momentary bliss.

You couldn't help but feel safe under the wash of the moon light and in those few brief moments you let yourself stop, breathing in the crisp air of midnight and finding the cold suddenly gentle and refreshing against your flushed cheeks and anxieties.