VII

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

"Yules!," Genesis waved, smiling brightly. "It's been a while. You've been busy, huh?"

Yulia smiled. "Studying."

The monotonous reply led the taller guy to examine her closely. Yulia used to anticipate meeting them, but now, she sounded aloof. She was smiling but her eyes had already lost the sparkle they had whenever they call her name.

"Are you even resting?," Genesis frowned, running his eyes up and down to check on her appearance. There were no changes in her physique but she looked restless.

"I am," Yulia answered softly, looking down to her hands. "Where's Luciel?"

"Getting lunch. And well, Eli went home already. He had important matters to deal with...," Genesis shrugged.

Silence again.

"You know, Yule–"

"Gen... Does Elijah hate me?"

Genesis knew that question was coming sooner or later, but he still didn't know how to explain it to her. There were limits to how much he could tell her, but there was one thing he knew for sure.

"Eli? No," he firmly answered. "He doesn't personally hate anyone. He's just too blunt about things he dislike."

"So he dislikes me?"

"No. He dislikes the way you are."

"What do you-"

"Sup, weirdos?," Luciel chimed in, looking as bored as ever. He turned to Yulia and handed her a newly heated sandwhich. "Lucky I bought an extra one. What are you doing here?"

"I have food," Yulia tried refusing. Luciel's attitude that switches from one pole to another never failed to make her flustered. Sometimes, he would act like a protective older brother while other times, he would either be a verbal jerk, a passive jerk or a combination of both.

"Fine, yeah. Whatever. You girls and your diets," he muttered, throwing a glare to the wall opposite his seat. "Hah... I need to have that discipline, too."

Yulia chuckled for the first time that day. "You're planning to go on a diet, too?"

"The day he goes on a serious diet is the day aliens come back to take the pyramids," Genesis snickered. "This little guy eats everything that's offered to him."