X

Yulia slipped into their usual table to find Luciel and Genesis chattering

Yulia slipped into their usual table to find Luciel and Genesis chattering. She took the seat beside Elijah- something she had become accustomed to doing since Gen and Ciel were inseparable. "Hi."

Genesis and Luciel continued, their faces serious. It seemed they were having some sort of argument about a topic Yulia had no idea about. She decided to remain silent and wait for their attention instead. That was until Elijah glanced at her and muttered a soft, "hey."

Yulia stopped for a moment. She was, by no means, an expert at friendships, but she could tell her relationship with Elijah was confusing beyond comprehension. She smiled a strained smile. "Have you eaten?"

"Not yet, we were waiting for you."

"They don't seem to be waiting though," Yulia kidded. It was half a joke since the two still hadn't realized her presence 'till now.

Her attention shifted to what was keeping Elijah busy. He was putting thick wooden sticks of different colors in threes to form a tower. After neatly stacking it, he pushed one piece out of the row and carefully pulled it out.

"Jenga," Yulia gasped softly.

The raven-haired guy's eyes found hers for a moment, taking in her round, expressive ones before nodding. He wordlessly motioned towards the jenga tower, inviting her to make a move.

Biting her lip to contain her smile, Yulia eliminated another piece from the succeeding row and successfully placed it down. Elijah followed soon, his hand steady and concentrated. Yulia almost got the urge to chuckle as she watched him squint and sigh after eliminating another stick.

Calm but competitive- as if no one was around, the two soon got immersed in their own world of silence, a comfortable silence.

Yulia found the moment pleasant, free from pressure of starting and keeping a conversation. Little did they know, they had already attracted hundreds of eyes. Those which were accompanied by whispers and speculations.

And so, the tower fell on Elijah's turn, leaving the guy hanging with his pointer finger pushing out. His lips parted as he blinked twice before letting out a small confused pout.

A soft giggle left Yulia's lips, but she was quick to shut up when Elijah's eyes darted to her sharply. She tried her very best to not show an ounce of amusement, but when Elijah broke into a subtle smile, she also bursted out laughing.

"You win," Elijah cleared his throat.

"Yeah," Yulia acknowledged awkwardly, realizing countless eyes were on them, Genesis and Luciel included.