Chapter 6

Jaliyah's POV

Tonight is the night I FINALLY get to see the Warriors play. I can't help but feel extremely excited to go to this game especially since I get to make a decision about who I want to work for. There's this feeling that tonight will cause me to finally feel better about my future considering that I graduate in a month and a half. So, let me keep my fingers crossed and let the lord guide me.

As we arrived at Crypto.com Arena (The name is TERRIBLE like I love calling it the staples arena plus that sounds way better), I asked Hunter"Where about are we sitting at?" Since she's the one that bought the tickets, she responded back saying "We're sitting court side". When I heard those words come out of hunter's mouth, I literally wanted to cry. Lon spoke up saying "We all thought that you should get the full experience and hope that it will help you make a decision" and I just hugged them all and respond back saying "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Making our way to our seats, I noticed that we were sitting in the area where the warriors were warming up at. Once we sat down, I felt eyes on me. I tried to shrug it off but, I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Ken pointing to someone who very familiar. All I can say is that this will be an interesting game. I was about to walk up the steeps when I looked up and seen Ayesha.

I decided to walk up towards Ayesha and speak to her by saying "Hey Ayesha" and hugged her. We pulled apart from our hug and Ayesha spoke up by saying "OMG! What are you doing here?" I responded "Well, since yesterday was my birthday and my friends decided that they would gift me with tickets to a Warriors game so, here I am." Ayesha laughed and we just continue on with our conversation. Ayesha introduced me to Sydel and we both got to know each other until she said "I see someone got their eyes on you." I turned around and seen that it was the same familiar face from earlier.

Before I could say anything, Ayesha spoke up by saying "I never seen Jordan like this before." Once she said Jordan, it automatically clicked in my head that Jordan Poole was eyeing me down. To make things interesting, one of his teammates pushed him towards my direction and Jordan began to walk his way towards me. Once, he came close to me, he stuck his hand out and said "Jordan" with a smirk and I shook his hand and said "Jaliyah".

This interaction was steamy because it's like once our eyes connected, I felt so many butterflies I didn't know what to do or say and let's not forget that the height difference between us made the butterflies even worse. But, before he could get a word out, his teammate that he pushed yelled out "Poole let's go!" And Jordan looked at me and said "See you later I guess" and I just laughed while nodding. With that, I walked back to my seat and seen the smirks on Lon, Ken, Nady, and Hunt's face cause me to turn my head away from them with the game beginning.

During the game

Every time I seen Jordan with the the ball, just know he would always wink at me then either make a two-pointer or hit a three-pointer. I promise you, I was smiling ear to ear every single time. When halftime came around, Ken turned to me and said "Don't act like we didn't see none of that happening", I blushed and covered my face and said "Oh my gosh, y'all were literally watching me the entire time!" Hunter and Nadia spoke up by saying at the same time "What you expect, you guys would be cute" and Lon added "Y'all would make some cute babies though." At that moment, I choked. Now, I'm just ready for the game to end because only my FRIENDS will say stuff like that.

After the Game

Even though they loss, I must say that I was impressed. And let me stop you and say I was impressed by Jordan but we can talk about that another time. But, watching them and see how they are with each other made me realize that I would be completely dumb if I declined the physical therapist position with the warriors. Once we made it to our Airbnb, I called the warriors head coach Steve Kerr. After a few rings I hear a voice "Steve Kerr speaking" and I simply answered "Hi coach, this is Jaliyah Milian and I was calling to see if the physical therapist position is still available?"