Chapter 14

Quick note... This chapter may be short because I have no idea how to talk about a basketball game and I LOVE basketball. So, let's carry on...

Jaliyah's POV

Well... it's game day!!!! And when I tell you I'm excited, I'm overly excited because these boys worked their butts off to get here. After work yesterday, I went and got my nails done. Of course, Jordan had to tag along with me but, I didn't mind because I enjoy his company. He refused to let me pay for everything and I mean it was just a simple fill-in and pedicure.

As of now, I'm getting ready because earlier, Jordan and I hung out. I cooked and we watched a movie, which seems to be our favorite thing to do. Considering that Jamal thinks that I should experience watching the guys play until next season, I took it and ran with it. So, I'll be sitting courtside and ready to assist him when needed. So, I might as well get all glammed up for tonight's game against the Nuggets which should be a breeze, no offense to the Nuggets fans out there but, my guys got this.

A few minutes later

I made it to the arena and headed straight toward the treatment room to help Jamal set up everything that we'll probably need to have on the sidelines. While collecting everything, I noticed that the guys were coming in so this was the perfect time for me to go ahead and prep the area for Jamal. Finishing that up, I decided to run to the concession stand and grab a snack while the guys are getting ready to run some drills.

After grabbing some French fries, I headed towards the tunnel to head to my seat when I noticed a figure walking towards me as I was sitting down. This caused me to look up and notice it was Jordan so I just smiled at him and noticed that Juan and Gary were following behind him causing me to shake my head.

"Hi guys," I said while picking up a fry

"Don't 'Hi guys' us, where are your clothes at?" Juan asked with Gary agreeing with him

"On my body," I said looking down at my mesh bodysuit

"No it ain't," Gary said with Juan tagging in

"I see skin," Juan said

"Can the both of you leave me and my clothes alone?" I asked while eating my fries

"Under one condition," Juan said

"Which is?" I questioned him

Juan pointed at my fries and I just laughed because there was no way I'm letting bamboozled their way into eating my food again and when I say again I mean every practice, Jordan takes a bite of my food and walks away while Juan grabs my food and leave yelling how in the best.

"Not happening," I said

"Come on, Jordan has three," Juan said while I look over and see Jordan chewing but gives me a kiss on my cheek and smile

"Ugh, fine. You guys never let me enjoy anything" I said handing Juan my fries and crossing my arms

Juan does this goofy smile with Gary hugging me and they walk away. Jordan comes up to me beginning to talk,

"I'll make it up to you," Jordan said while staring down at me

"You better Poole, because this is becoming an everyday thing and I'm always starving," I said sternly. Jordan grabs my hand and responds

"I promise mama, I promise. But, in the meantime, go get some more and tell them to put it on my tab" Jordan said while rubbing my knuckles

"Fine, I'm not even going to argue with you," I said

"Good because you know better," Jordan says as he let go of my hand and heads back to get some shots in.

I headed back to the concession stand and decided to sit with Ayesha, the kids, and Syd instead of on the floor because I already know that the guys are going to do great in this game so there's no need for me.