~Chapter One~

The sky was dark as it was past twilight. The air was chilly as it came in through the windows of the car. They made a turn into the next street and parked the car by the roadside.

"We would wait here until its time so we wouldn't miss anyone of them" Dad was the first to break the silence.

Mom didn't say anything, this wasn't the first time they were going on such missions and they had also thoroughly gone through the plan at home so there was no need to stress it out.

"Okay, so we'd leave by 8:30 so we can get there by nine. Right?" Jay had spoken.

"Didn't you hear or are you just deaf?" Nick snapped.

"Hey come on, it was only a question"

"Well keep your questions to your self. You just love to draw attention to yourself"

"Well it's your problem not mine" Jay hissed

Someone chuckled softly, Nick turned to Anna, who had her phone in her hands and kept smiling.

"And what's so funny?" Nick asked angrily.

"Kids!! kids!!" Mom called out. "You all should stop this bickering, that's not the reason why we're here"

"But he- " Nick wanted to retort, but was cut short by dad's stare. He looked away angrily, muttering silent curses.

Dad let out a sigh and turned back to the wheel. "I don't want anything to go wrong in this mission, all because of your stupid arguments or else you wouldn't like what I'd do to all of you. Do I make my self clear?"

The three children chorused a yes and silence fell among them again.

Anna took a quick glance at everyone, it had always been like this. Their family have always been one crazy family, always fighting and arguing, but still had a strong bond and love that kept them together. She had already had her own share with Jay earlier at home, that was why she kept laughing when her brothers were having their own share.

Both Nick and Jay were 18 years old though Nick was older than Jay by just a few months which was odd but that's why they were the ones who argued a lot, While She was a year older than the both of them - A 19 year old.

She received a notification on her phone and was about to read it when Dad announced that it was time. To her, dad was just making this whole thing a big deal, this was no big deal, but to dad, it was very huge.

They stepped out of the car and took out the things in the car before making their way into the building. Dad said he had seen him go in even though the kids said they hadn't seen him.

They walked to the back of the building and opened the door, Dad taking the lead, Mom following closely behind and the three children at the rear.

The back door lead into the kitchen which had an adjoining door to the sitting room. The group moved in a stealthy manner to avoid making a sound.

A staircase that probably lead to other rooms was seen in the sitting room and the group having not noticed anyone yet, climbed up the stairs.

They got to the top and walked down the hallway to the end where another door stood. They got to the door and stopped, everyone looking at each other.

Dad looked at mom, then to the kids. Taking a deep breath he pushed the door opened and they ventured inside to set out what they had planned to do.

⏳⏳⏳