~Chapter Six~

They kept on running even though it was reasonable enough for them to stop. They just couldn't stop. The forest all around them was on fire and if they stopped, the fire would eventually catch up to them.

But as they ran the fire seemed to move at an even faster pace and before they knew what was going on, they found themselves stuck at a spot with the menacing fire surrounding them.

They cried and screamed but it was in vain. The fire closed in quickly and they continued to scream, because that was all they could do. The fire was finally upon them and immediately it engulfed them. Their screams grew louder than ever and the flames began to burn up their skin. The pain was indescribable but after a few seconds of going through hell, the scene faded slowly....

Nick opened his eyes slowly ending the nightmare. He felt sweaty all over and he was uncertain if what he had just experienced was actually real or just a dream. He looked around and tried to take in his surrounding.

He found himself in a room. His mind couldn't register anything. A beeping sound was all he could hear.

He moved his eyes around the room. What had happened? Was he dead? He tried to sit up but someone rushed to him immediately and helped him up.

He found Anna's eyes looking at him. "You're finally awake" she said smiling but he could see the tears in her eyes. She sat beside him holding his hand.

"Where are we? Nick asked

"You're in the -"  the door opened quietly cutting Anna off and they both look in its direction. Kim stepped inside.

At once she dashed over to Nick and hugged him tightly. He hugged her back.

"I was so scared. I.. I thought you had died" she muttered amidst sobs. She pulled back and wiped her tears.

Anna quietly stood up "Let me get you something to eat. You must be so hungry" she said.

Nick nodded and she was out.

He looked back to Kim. She pulled a seat closer to the bed and sat by his side. She held his hand delicately as though it would break if she ever dropped it.

"What actually happened? I can't remember anything"

"Well, after you played hero and went unconscious, the police arrived. Everyone else went home but Luna, Tom, Anna and I, followed you here - to the hospital"

"What of those guys? Were they.....?" He was curious. He wanted to know if he had succeeded in stopping the masked men.

Kim understood "The Three of them were arrested by the cops. They were all unconscious when the cops arrived so it was easier to take them away"

The room became quiet. The sound of their breathing was all that was heard in the room.

"I was scared. So scared. I thought you had died when I saw you fall in your sister's arms" Kim started.

"We were all worried when we found out that you were shot. But you did well, you saved us all even though it seemed difficult. And we're thankful for that"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you all" he took her hand and pulled her closer to him. They stared into each others eyes, trapped in this moment and love that they had created for themselves. Sparks danced in their eyes and immediately Kim went for it. She came crashing down her lips on his own.

Nick surely had questions. But right now those questions had to wait. Even more so, he didn't know who would be able to give him the answer he required.