The nanny

~ prologue ~

If I had known ahead of time that my life would be turned upside down and this would be the outcome, I think I would still do it. My life was okay. I had a boyfriend who I thought loved me and two parents still happily married. Or so I thought. That all changed when I got a test result back from a doctor, confirming all my fears. That was the day that everything fell apart, but it was also the day that everything started getting pieced back together.

I thought my life was complete till I realized that it wasn't even half full.

~chapter 1- results and decisions ~

"I'm sorry Ms. Banks but the test results say you are barren. We are sorry, but there are other ways to have a child. Like adoption. I know this must be... Uh... Difficult but it will be all right." I heard the doctors confirm what I already suspected and my heart shattered into a million pieces. All I wanted to do was scream at him that he could never know what was going on right now. I could see that there was no real sympathy in his eyes, just pity. I hate pity. I hate this office. I hate everything right now.

Slowly getting up out of my seat I looked at the doctor and gave a nod. Quickly I got out of the small office, feeling tears running down my face for the first time really registering what he said. I won't have babies. Ever. I won't know the feel of my child in my arms for the first time or my friends cooing over how much he/she looked like me. My back hit the wall and I slowly slid down putting my head between my legs. I heard my messenger bag hit the floor but didn't care. For goodness sakes,I'm only 20 years old. All I cared about was my unborn children that I'll never know. I start hyperventilating while the tears came down faster and heavier with each breath I take.

I scrambled to get my bag and my phone. Finally I found it, but it took me three tries to unlock it. I was able to and called my boyfriend of three year standing. We started dating at the beginning of senior year and we have been living with each other since graduation. He answered on the third ring and I heard Jason's groggy voice say, "Hello? May I ask, who is this?" His voice made me cry harder knowing what was about to happen. I took a deep breath trying to prepare my self for what I was about to say.

"Hey, Ja-Ja-Jason it's me, E-e-evie. I'm at the doctors office and I j-j-just got some ba-ba-bad news. Jason I'm-" Before I got any farther I heard a girls voice right in the ear he was speaking in the phone with. "Jasie!! Come back to bed babe. I'm still tired!" The voice was high pitch and what she probably thought was sexy but sounded closer to cats' nails against a chalkboard. I heard him grumble something about being quiet, but I had stopped my tears by then and made my voice hard.

"Jason by the time I get to the apartment building which will be after work, I want you and all your sh*t gone. Do you hear me? Gone! I do not want to see your face again. Goodbye Jason Taylor." With that I hung up, but before I put my phone away it started ringing and my moms number showed on the screen. Quickly answering all I wanted to do was cry on her shoulder. But she was back in Wisconsin my home state and I was here in New York. Before I could even say hi though, she started talking.

"Hay Hun, I needed to call it's urgent. See your father and I we... Well... Have been having some difficulties. To deal with these issues we decided to take a break. A... Permanent break. We both agreed to get a divorce. We're so sorry darlin' but it is for the best. We already told your sister, Lily. I have to go now, but I'll call later bye." She said in a rush and before I could get one word out she hung up probably scared of what I would say. All I did was stare at my phone. All it's done was bring me more bad new on top of what I now call The News. My 'perfect' relationship was now over and my parents happy marriage was now a sad divorce. All I wanted to do was scream, but couldn't. I was in a hospital and I really don't want people thinking I'm crazy.

Getting up on shaky legs I gathered up my bag pulled down my purple plaid shirt and walked towards the elevator, only one thought going through my mind. Yesterday was perfect and I was happy. Now I have nothing and nobody.

My life is a living hell.