chapter 7

recap

After a few minutes, Mr. Brallen looks up and he has a look of surprise before he says, "You are still here. Nobody survives a meeting with my children. I mean... wow I really can't believe this" He just stares at me for a few moments till he sees my expectant look and he says, "You got the job. If you can survive an hour with them you are better than anyone yet."

I just stare at him, almost not believing this was real life. then he said the words that snapped me back into reality.

"Can you start Monday"

I can't believe what I'm hearing. "Ummmm.... Yeah. Yeah of course!" I finally get out excitedly. Wow, I actually got the job.

"Okay, good. Now sleeping arrangements. So, you will be sleeping in the west wing with the children in case they need you. I will need give you all of their schedules, and you will be responsible for taking the kids to and from school. You can drive right?" I nod, still wrapping my mind around everything. "Good. There will be alot of driving. Don't worry about gas, just put it on my card. You can start moving all of your stuff in on Saturday and I'll send a mover truck to you. Just email your address to me. I think that is it, unless there is any questions you need to ask?" He says this all in a rush, as if he is a hurry to get rid of me. He's even already facing his laptop (of course the latest and greatest), practically telling me to just leave.

"N-n-no I think I'm good. I'll just head home and get everything ready for Saturday." I say, just wanting to get out of there as fast as possible.

I quickly turn around, ready to rush out, but at the same time the door swung open hitting me in the face and making me fall back on my ass. Great. I've just showcased my absolute clumsiness not even 2 minutes after being hired. Good job, Evie. I looked up to see a women in a tight pencil skirt and a blood red blouse that looked more expensive than my entire wardrobe. She looked down at me and gave me a sneer, as if I was just a cockroach that crawled in her path. She quickly looked up and flashed a smile to Mr. Brallen, while flipping her obviously bleached blonde hair. Mr. Brallen finally looked up, just noticing that I fell like the utter idiot I was, and raised and I brow at the scene.

"Angelica, what do I owe to this unexpected visit?"  Williams said, with a slight smirk, like he was waiting to see how our little meeting would end.

" The numbers just got in from our partners in Japan, and they look good. Also Mr. Kindlin has been calling again, asking for another loan. And who might this girl be?" All while she was talking, she had tried to sound calm and seductive, but when Angelica asked her question, her voice got a pitch higher and tighter. As if she was worried about what I could be to him. As if, he's like 50.

"That would be Evangeline. She will be the kids new nanny." You could see the physical relief on her face. "Evangeline, this is my partner and friend Angelica."

I stand up and brush of my pants. "Nice to meet you, but I need to get going. Packing and all" I quickly gave an awkward Wave and practically ran away, thankfully avoiding any evil doors (or evil girls opening the doors). I was about to be at the doorway leading outside when Marcus ran from out of nowhere yelling my name.

"EVIE!!!! Wait up. I need to tell you something." He finally gets to where I am and has to sit down for a second, out of breath. After a moment or two he finally looks back at me and grins. "I like you. You aren't like the other ones who are afraid of a spec of dirt, let alone a tarantula. Your cool. Try to stay and keep up with us okay?" He holds out his hand as if we are making a deal.

"I'll try my best buddy, but y'all will also have to try and help me. I've never been a nanny before, unless you count the one time I babysitter my cousin. Can you promise me that?" He nods excitedly and shakes my hand.

"This us going to be so much fun." He gives me a gigantic grin and runs back to wherever he came from leaving me there a little dumbfounded on what just happened. I'm going to be a nanny.

This outta be fun.

~~~

"Cam! Hey, I need some help. I'm moving out and I need a crew to help me pack ASAP. Can you call the gang up so we can do this pronto?" I had called my best friend Cammie right after I left and got on the bus.I had met her shortly after coming to New York. She was the only one of my friend who had never liked Jason, but she also didn't say told you so after the break up, and instead just listened to me sobbing while eating my mint chip. And she is also the only one I know who can assemble all our friends together under one roof, regardless of work schedules. Most of them are from college and only have part time jobs. I had dropped out b/c I just couldn't pay the out of state tuition anymore and was just too embarrassed to go back to Wisconsin.

"Sure thing. We'll all be there in about 30 minutes or so." I could already hear her typing away and new that it would be more like 20 minutes. I looked at where I was on the bus and saw I was only five minutes away.

"Okie dokie. See ya later." I quickly hung up and leaned my head on the window. How will this even work? I mean, yeah I love kids, but I've never done anything like this before. Also the Brallen's seem broken. Like they aren't even sure about how their family works, let alone where I fit in with their dynamics.

Well, it's definitely going to be an adventure

A/N Sorry for all of these long updates. I kind of lost confidence in the book and all of the votes and comment I've gotten really brought me back to it again, so I thank you for that and hope you enjoy.