Chapter 5

3rd POV

"Luminas, do you have a moment?" Rimuru said as she walked into Luminas's room.

"Sure. What is it?" Luminas said casually. Contrary to her calm manner, she was freaking out inside as Rimuru came to her room to talk with her.

"First, I don't really need someone's permission but I thought that I ought to tell you this." Rimuru said as she sat down on the chair and looked at Luminas.

"I'm going to free Veldora-sama from his seal exactly three days later." Rimuru said. Though she put '-sama' honorific to Veldora, there was significant difference in respect contained in it.

 As for Luminas, she instantly stood up from her chair making it fall back with a crack.

"What?!" Luminas shouted as deadly aura leaked out of her, adding more and more pressure to the air around them. Of course Rimuru wasn't affected by this, but she put her hand on Luminas's shoulder to calm her down.

"Calm down. It's not like you can stop this. Besides, Velzard-sama agreed with this, so there's no turning back now." Rimuru said as she stood the chair up again and gently pushed Luminas down on it.

"Why do you need to free that damn lizard?" Luminas asked irritably.

"Because it is the way it should be." (Rimuru)

"It's that 'fate' of yours, huh. Now that I think about it, does that mean you know everything thing that is going to happen?" (Luminas)

"No." Rimuru replied simply with a shake of her head.

"Why not? Don't they call you 'fate'? Doesn't that mean you should know everything?" (Luminas)

"First of all, that 'fate' thing was named by humans, not me. Also I had known everything before, but since I settled in cardinal world with Veldanava-sama, my ability weakened." (Rimuru)

"Then how do you know it's a right thing to free that stupid lizard?" (Luminas)

"'Weakened' doesn't mean 'taken'. I can't see every detail but I can still see the major outlines, which, include freeing Veldora-sama." (Rimuru)

'Tch, I don't have any more excuse to seal that damn lizard anymore.' Luminas thought, clicking her tongue in dissatisfaction.

"Alright. I'll allow it in one condition." (Luminas)

'You are not exactly in the place to say that." Rimuru thought, but she kept it to herself and let Luminas continue.

"I will follow you and give that lizard a lesson." Luminas said. Rimuru thought for a moment and concluded that it won't be a big issue. She nodded in agreement, making Luminas grin.

"Oh, by the way. Irrith and Hinata will follow too." (Rimuru)

"Hm? Why?" Luminas asked, unable to see any reason for them to go too.

"There will be some mess after Veldora-sama gets free and Irrith thought it'll be a good training for her." Rimuru explained.

 And at that moment, realization struck Luminas.

'I'm going on a trip with Rimuru and Hinata at the same time?!'

 And just like that, the vampire queen fell into another happy daydream.

..................

............

.....

"Litus, it's your turn to report." Hinata said as she nodded toward her.

 She was having a regular meeting with ten great saints. It was more like a work report most of the time, but Hinata took every meeting seriously.

"Yes, Hinata-sama. About the greater demon that appeared near Bluumund..." As they were listening to Litus's report, someone knocked on the door.