2) Change

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters-no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

I knew it had been a long since more than three people had sat at our family's compact yet cosy dining table. But we were humbled and grateful for their company. Yet the conversation had begun to go rapidly stale. It had turned to slavery, one that we won't likely consider.

"All slaves have transmitters placed in their bodies somewhere," my mother refilled our cups as my younger brother gestured between himself and me over the table.

"Ambrose and I have been working on a scanner together to locate ours, but we've not had any luck yet."

"Any attempt to escape..."

"And they blow you up!" my brother clapped his hands down on the table and cried out, "Boom!" that almost startled Padmé and Jar-Jar, but they looked horrified.

I grimace, recalling one time I'd seen it happen a while back, "It's not a pretty sight, believe me," I shivered slightly, remembering nothing but a cloud of sand and body parts. It had given me nightmares for weeks.

"How wude!" Jar-Jar voices grimly before downing some of his drink as my mother sits beside me.

"I can't believe there is still slavery in the galaxy," Padmé voiced sadly, shaking her head as I saw her playing around with her food, "The Republic's anti-slavery laws..."

"There's no Republic out here. So we have to make it on our own," I tell her solemnly after taking a sip of blue milk.

After a long silence, there's nothing but the sounds of Jar-Jar slurping at his meal, all of us looking at him in disbelief before gulping loudly, now coming over all sheepish.

"Have you ever seen a pod race?" My brother goes about changing the subject, one I knew had always put my mother on edge.

I see Padmé shaking her head 'no' and that concerned look my mother always got on her face. Jar-Jar attempts to grab some food across the table with his tongue but stops as Qui-Gon gives him another dirty look before returning to Anakin's subject.

"They have pod racing in Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous," Qui-Gon said, popping a piece of fruit in his mouth.

"My brother and I are the only humans who can do it," my brother spoke proudly, fingers tapping against the table. I noticed my mother still looking concerned.

"You must have Jedi reflexes if you race pods," Qui-Gon implied slyly. Jar-Jar's tongue shot out for more food, only for the man to grab his tongue to stop him, "Don't do that again." my brother and I shared a serious but silent look as he shifted in his seat, noticing he was rather eager to ask what had both been on our minds.