5) A Beautiful Galaxy

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters-no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

I keep Anakin held close to the front of my body, arms wrapped around his shoulders as we wait for Queen Amidala to board her ship first. After being dismissed by the Council, myself, and Anakin the Jedi, we returned to Naboo's senatorial landing platform. Qui-Gon had thought it best for us Skywalkers to tag along for the journey seeing we were still under his care. My brother was absent-mindedly fiddling with my shirt sleeve as the traffic passed below us, the wind floating around us as I affectionately kissed the top of his head.

"We're not old, ya know," I hear him mumble into my arms. I smile sadly and hug him closer, "I just don't think it's fair, Ambs...just cause' of our age...it just isn't fair, you know," my smile fades. I tighten my arms around him more. I recall the near-on expression of anger upon Anakin's face in the Council room. Of course, it had taken me aback. I had expected him to be upset, but him being angry? Something that hadn't occurred to me.

"Well, little bro, sometimes that's how life works. We might accept it as fair in time, but we'll move on and accept our fate. That's how it has to be. But look how far we've come, Ani. We're on Coruscant, for kriffing's sake. That's pretty incredible. We're the luckiest boys alive. So let's not blame ourselves and be thankful for what Qui-Gon did with the Council," I ducked my head down to tell him as he leaned his head against my chest, the annoying little pout still on his face.

"But aren't you sad about too?"

"Yeah, of course, I'm a little bummed out about it," I nod, gazing out across the brilliant lights of the city planet at night. I pondered what to say next, "But like any good Jedi, I keep my emotions locked tight. You're right about one thing, though. I lied too much to myself and Mom when I never said I wanted to become a Jedi anymore. I still do. I've dreamed of being one. Yeah, what the Council said hurt. But as they said, our fate is still yet to be determined, so let's leave it as maybe for an answer. All we can do right now is hope."

After a short silence, Anakin now craned his head back to gaze up at me with raised brows, "Do you think the Council is mad with Qui-Gon?"

"Probably," I voiced in thought, pausing before I continued, rocking us side to side. Shaking my hair away from my face and head and moving downward to gaze at my brother, "Maybe they aren't used to having such a request brought to them. Our situation is just something unexpected. So cheer up, okay," I now grin cheekily at him, ruffling his hair, "Things will work themselves out."

"But they think we're dangerous."

"Then we'll have to prove to them how wrong they are, huh?"

We grinned at one another, and I gave Anakin's hair another ruffle as he pretended to hate it, trying to shove my hand away; I pulled him back into me and lovingly kissed the top of his head. My grin disappeared as I looked back out across the dark skies of Coruscant. We were adventuring to another planet, our second, to be precise, but the day's excitement had long since drained. Then droid R2-D2 comes rolling up beside me joyously, beeping with a smile. I gave him a gentle pat on his dome before whizzing content from my touch.