7) Comfort

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters-no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

I couldn't recognise the very reflection of the young man gazing back at me from the full-length floor-to-ceiling mirror as I cautiously approached it. Brushing my calloused fingers over the light, the silky navy blue fabric of the puffy sleeves tapered around my wrists embroidered with silver. Padmé insisted on having a small wardrobe of clothes made and tailored for me rather than my old ragged, bloodstained garments. If there's one thing you should do, it never says no to a queen when offered such a gift. That woman had the kindness and patience of a saint. If anyone deserved new clothing, it was Anakin. He was still a growing boy, after all. Yet here I stood in living quarters fit enough for that of royalty or noblemen, wearing clothes that would have cost me a lifetime of credits to earn.

Padme was waiting, perched on the edge of a bed, eager to hear my thoughts on the outfit, hands clasped under her chin, nodding joyously with approval. I throw her a brief smile over my shoulder before turning back to the mirror. I was just honestly stuck for words.

I'd never worn such properly fitted clothes with such vivid colour before in my entire life, having been used to Tatooine's dull colour palette and threadbare clothing most of my life. Yet I stood, enveloped in varying shades of blue from head to toe. The high-necked, snug, intricate silver detailed waistcoat, dark, almost black blue, accentuated my waist a little; one side was more prolonged and short, and the other had two rows of four ornate silver buttons and four silver chains bound to one on the first row wrapping around my side. Another fastened to one in the second. My tailored trousers are duck egg blue tucked into over-knee boots similar in colour to my shirt with silver pointed toes and heels.

"So, what do you think?"

"I've never used to believe that I looked this handsome before," I turned to peer over my shoulder in the mirror. On the waistcoat front to the left, I noticed a beautiful silver and blue floral brooch that reminded me of the flower Qui-Gon had given me to secure a two-layer cape over my left shoulder. The first was ombre, blue at the top and bottom but gradually darker in the middle with a slight sheen. The other was sheer light blue and twinkling with small diamonds, "As a slave, you had to go by unnoticed and not stand out in a crowd that was almost unacceptable..." I grin as I pick up the edge of one of my capes, feeling the light, silky material between my fingers before dropping it to look in the mirror again, "Now all I can say is that I'm pretty damn handsome."

"Oh, certainly can't disagree with that," Padmé voiced agreement from behind me.

I couldn't stop eyeing every detail; my hair had been tied into a neat bun and braided on either side of my head. I could smell different colognes, something that had been hard to come by on Tatooine, and sat upon a table in other shaped colour bottles.