6) Life Is But A Fleeting Moment

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters-no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

We had waited at the lake, which lay beneath its surface was the city of Otoh Gunga, which in all honesty, had been rather anticlimactic as Jar- Jar came wading back out of it to inform us that the city had been completely abandoned. He told us the only reason for this must have been from an attack or fight to have driven his people away to a hidden, secret but sacred location. So we headed on our way, this time Jar-Jar taking the lead through more luscious, dense Nabooian woodland. Again, I lagged on purpose at a slow pace to drink in my surroundings more. I recall how the lake glittered like a diamond as the sun shone upon it, water gently lapping against its banks, smelling crisp and pure my eyes had never seen so much water before. Trees still gently swayed impossibly high above, creaking as well as the trunks now and then. Creatures went by us, some that flew, others were gone within a blink of an eye before you could see them.

"Taking in the sights, I take it?" Qui-Gon inquired, not having noticed he had stayed back in step with me as we walked together, and gave him a brief smile.

"Yeah, I am, but deep down, it makes me feel bad even to admit it. I know things are pretty bad right now, yet all I do is gawk at the trees like an idiot," I admit with a slightly nervous laugh, Qui-Gon returning me a smile.

"There's no need to be guilty of how you feel, Ambrose. You are causing no harm to how others perceive your childlike wonder. But it's probably one of the most beautiful forests by far. If one weren't searching for a group of Gungan's, it's relatively peaceful here; one can easily be one with nature and the Force here, creating a perfect balance. So maybe one day soon, when you've completed your training and studies, you should come here for some meditation," I see the older Jedi slip his hand out from the sleeve of his robes to brush it against a pale turquoise fern, it smaller leaves drawing back from his time touch.

I went to frown up at him in confusion, my mouth turning downward, "Your acting as if I've already got into Temple to start my training as a Jedi," I indicated as Qui-Gon put his hands back in the sleeves of his robe, "When it was pretty clear the Jedi Council won't allow Anakin or I to train or study. From what I gathered them saying at the time anyway."

"Have patience, young Skywalker. With some time and reassurance, the Council will come to their senses. They must tell you and Anakin it's your destiny as the Chosen Ones. I still truly believe finding you on Tatooine was no accident."

My hand reaches out to a similar fern Qui-Gon had touched a few moments ago. The soft tiny leaves withdrawing from my touch only made me smile in childlike wonder. Recalling how Obi-Wan told me it was 'most truly captivating' how I saw the world-now returning my gaze to Qui-Gon, my smile becoming more humble and grateful.