Epilogue 1

"That's way too much sugar! Here, it says forty grams on the recipe."

"It's just five grams of difference," I grumbled, pointing to the scale. "See?"

Putting his hands on his hips, Elliot looked back at me unyieldingly. "What happened to cutting down on sugar?" he asked with the stern tone of an elementary school principal.

"Fine, fine. W-wait, that's too much sugar you're scooping out!"

After an exhausting hour had passed, Elliot and I sat in our living room, tasting the miraculously unburnt brownies we'd baked.

My head resting on his lap as he sat on the sofa, I opened my mouth, and pointed. "Ah."

Shaking his head in disbelief, Elliot popped a forkful of brownie into my mouth. "You're going to get indigestion lying down like that."

"Mm, it's really good. Actually cutting out the sugar was a good idea," I said smoothly, chewing on the mouthful.

Then, I took one piece from the plate and popped it into Elliot's unwilling mouth. "C'mon, try it. It's not so sweet. Although not as bitter as your espressos, you masochist."

"Hm, not bad," he acknowledged, chewing, then stopped with a chuckle. "You're still such a child sometimes. C'mon, use a fork. You have brownie all over your fingers."

"Oh, can you pass the tissue- w-wait-"

So naturally, Elliot's hand clamped around my wrist, and without warning, he bent his head and licked the brownie off my fingers- slowly, leisurely.

"Hm, tastes better from your fingers," Elliot mused as I looked up at him frozen.

Openly enjoying my reaction, he took another lick of my finger. I swallowed. Oh, fuck.

"Oh, Clare," Elliot laughed, mischievously tapping the tip of my nose. "Did I tell you a hundred times how lovely you look so flustered?"

Looking away from Elliot's face, I cleared my throat. "Shameless," I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say? With those tomato cheeks of yours?" prodded Elliot persistently, nudging my face back so that my eyes were in level with his again. "Hm?"

"I said, maybe it'll taste even better from my mouth." Ha. I couldn't believe what I'd just said.

Elliot's eyes widened, and then, narrowed. 

A smirk playing on his mouth, he pressed onto my lower lip with his finger and gently parted it from my upper lip. "Then I'll have a taste. Stop talking."