(chapter 8) "Ah I Forgot. I Almost Died. Of course This Would Happen."

Tommy sat in the bathtub and relaxed. His body felt nice as he sat in the warm water. He remembered the first time he'd taken a bath here, all the memories which rushed in that managed to make him stay in there for an unusual amount of time.

"Man, I should of just gone back in instead of stargazing huh." Tommy thought as he remembered contemplating if he should go to bed or watch the stars. He was a dumbass and ended up falling asleep on the roof and almost freezing. "Yeah mot one of my proudest moments." He mumbled to himself.

Around twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "Tommy? You should probably come out of the bath now. You already bathed for a pretty long time last time." Dreams voice echoed and Tommy sighed quietly. "Okay big man. I'll be out soon." Tommy answered. "Alright. I'll leave your clothes on your bed." Dream told after which his footsteps faded.

Tommy got up and drained the bathtub, then he dried himself with the same towel as before and tied it around his waist. He then exited the bathing room and headed for his room.

There on the bed he saw a pair of thicker pants, underwear, a blue cardigan and a red and white long sleeved shirt. "Where do they even get this many red and white shirts???" Tommy questioned in his mind. He put on the clothing and felt warm. The house felt like it was getting colder now, the reason being that it was almost winter.

Tommy laid back on his bed and yawned. He thought back to the dream he had, he felt so cold but at the end of it he felt so warm. "What a weird ass dream." He mumbled. He felt tired still. Maybe he could take a nap. Tommy closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep.

--------

"Why are you such a selfish child?!" one of the workers at the orphanage yelled at me. "You can't even clean your fucking mess up! How do you think anyone will adopt you?!" The worker continued. She was never nice to me. She seemed to hate me the most. I am not sure why. "Oh? Are you crying?" She questioned me with a grin. "You're a guy so you shouldn't fucking cry. You're so fucking pathetic." she continued with an annoyed frown as I continued to cry. "Huh?! Stop crying already. Or I'll give you a fucking reason to cry Tommy." She said with a threatening tone. "I'm sorry. I don't wanna cry. I'm sorry." I apologized and apologized and apologized. Though it was in vain as a hand hit my right cheek hard enough for my ear to start ringing.

"Tch. Such a useless kid." She mumbled as she walked away.

----------

Tommy awoke with a burning headache. It also felt like he was in the middle of a desert. His body felt weak. He couldn't get up. "Dream?" Tommy let out with a weak voice. "Are... you there?" Tommy asked again though he didn't get a reply.

Tommy felt so tired but he couldn't fall asleep. He lifted his arm up to his forehead and was in immediate shock as he realized how high his temperature was. "D-Dream!" Tommy tried yelling out. Though this time he heard a pair of footsteps rushing up the stairs. "Yes Tommy?" Dream answered through the door. "Could you... come in?" Tommy requested and he was shortly after met with Dream's face.

"Oh my prime! What happened to you?" Dream asked as he rushed over to Tommy's side. Tommy coughed. "I guess I got sick after being outside all night... Sorry about that big man." Tommy said quietly as he tried to not hurt his throat. God it felt like there was sandpaper in Tommy throat and each time he'd speak too much or too loudly it'd move and scare at the back of his mouth. Dream put his cold hand against Tommy's forehead and immediately panicked.

"Wait I'll be right back!" Dream quickly said after which he went out of the room and presumably to the kitchen. A minute later Dream came back with a bucket of water and a towel. He dipped it into the bucket and squeezed as much water as he could out of the small towel. He then set it on Tommy's forehead which honestly felt like a fire was extinguished off of him.