(chapter 12) "a Little Breathing Space"

Tommy sat on the rock as he waited for Quackity to come back from Puffy's clinic. He thought about the way he accidentally ran into Clementine.

"I need to get to big Q and quick!" Tommy thought as his mind slightly cleared up from earlier. Tommy stared at the ground as he ran and numbed into someone. "Ah! Sorry." He quickly said and continued his way. "Hey wait!" the voice of someone very familiar said making Tommy stop in his tracks. "Clementine?" Tommy mumbled as he turned around to indeed see Clementine who was... Wearing armour?

"Thomas?! Holy shit I thought you were dead!" She yelled and ran over to hug the other. "You idiot.... How could you just disappear like that?" she asked as tears started falling from her eyes. Tommy was glad he couldn't see her face at the moment. If he did he thinks he'd break down and cry at that very moment. He didn't care to question why anymore. He was just too overwhelmed at the moment to care.

"I don't have much time." Tommy said. "I need to go before they catch me." Tommy explained vaguely, though Clementine understood what he meant. "Alright... Just... Please visit me and Henry... We miss you." she whispered and then pulled away from the hug. Tommy nodded. "Ah next time we meet. Could you give me the floor plan of the mansion? I need it..." Tommy requested. Clementine smiled and nodded. She then gave Tommy a small push to indicate that he can go now. Tommy smiled and said:"Could you call me Tommy? I think I prefer that more than... Thomas."

Clementine looked at Tommy for a second. "Of course I can. Stay safe Tommy." She said a smile so warm and nostalgic that Tommy almost cried again. Though instead he continued his way to the throne room.

Tommy didn't stop after that instead running full speed to the window he knew was connected to the throne room and shattered it. The rest is history.

                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When Quackity had finally returned an hour had passed already. "Big Q!" Tommy exclaimed happily. "Sorry it took so long. It was hard getting around all the guards patrolling the area. The blonde nodded. "I know, I had to hide a few times when they passed through here." He said while glancing over the various trees he'd climbed so he wouldn't be caught.

Quackity's small smile turned into a frown as he saw the slightly puffed up eyes. "We're you crying?" He asked quietly which caught the blonde off guard. "Ah well.. No.. I wasn't crying per se." Tommy mumbled as he avaided eye contact with the other again. Quackity understood that Tommy was uncomfortable and sighed. "Let's go home." He said quietly. Tommy stared at him with surprise. "Home... " Tommy quietly mumbled with a smile on his face.

Tommy didn't understand why he felt a lot better when Quackity said it but he did. And he'd rather talk with Quackity than start questioning it.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The atmosphere in Philza's office was intense. No one said a word but every single one of the three knew why they were there now even though they stopped interacting as family a few years back.

A knock on the door made Phil raise his head from his hands. "Who is it?" He asked. "Tubbo." The other replied from behind the door. "You can enter." Phil said as he straightened his posture.

Tubbo entered the room to see a very displeased Phil, a very nervous Wilbur and an unusually deep frown plastered onto Technoblade's face. "What did you want duke?" Tubbo asked, obviously wanting to go back to his room by the way his body was barely even facing the three. "We have news about Thomas." the blonde bluntly explained.

Tubbo turned over to the three, his expression a mix of joy and fear. "He's alive. Do not worry about that.... he... Doesn't go by Thomas anymore..."Phil quietly said as Tubbo walked closer. "What does he go by then?" The younger brunette asked as he moved his bangs away from his eyes.