chapter 1

finally it's summer. my favourite time of the year. i cant wait for cousins, it's gonna be so much better then the rest of the years because so much has changed, belly for starters, she's developed for sure and i just can't wait to swim and live with my bestfriends for two months again. i have high hopes but i'm pretty sure as soon as we get there conrad will find away to make everything annoying again. my whole life he's teased me and found away to make me hate him, or so i say, but it's mutual.

"ev how many swim suits do you need,susannah has a washing machine you know?" belly asked me. i roll my eyes and look at her while she's sitting on my bed waiting for me so we can get in the car and go.
"look belly i love you but this years gonna be different,i can feel it, plus imagine how many cute boys are gonna be at the beach" i remind her. she groans "urghhh" belly says disgustedly. i raise my eyebrow and finish packing my bag. "cmon belly let's not pretend like your not totally inlove with conrad fisher" i tease at her. her face lights up and she smiles. i have no idea why, conrad barely gives her the time of day, and is such an ass. he's such a buzzkill and is always on my ass about the shit i do, saying anything he can to piss me off.

"girls hurry up i'm leaving!" laurel shouts at us, while me and belly make our way to the car. "steven help everlyn put her stuff in the back" laurel yells, steven huffs and does as he's told. me and belly sit in the back of the car for a total of two hours talking about how i haven't got long until collage and how she's always been obsessed with conrad.

we're here. we are finally at cousins. laurel pulls up at the drive way while me,belly and steven rush out of the car. "jeremiah?! oh my god you look so" he cuts me off "grown i know" he says while smiling. i give him the biggest hug because he's like my baby brother and best friend in one. after i say hi to susannah of course i see conrad. i slowly look up at him to meet his gaze while he stands leaning against the car with his arms crossed. i look at him sternly, "how's my favourite asshole" i joke. he looks me up and down "oh amora i've missed your pathetic attempts of being funny" conrad says while hitting my arm and walking off. this is the reason i'd rather not speak to him at all, no idea why i make an effort to even pretend and be nice, first and last.
i walk into the house and go straight to the kitchen, susannah always has the nicest arrangement of food in the kitchen. i grab a muffin and sit in the kitchen while eating. i look up and surprise suprise conrad's there. "you just gonna sit there and watch me eat like a weirdo?" i ask him, "yea, because i'm the one who's so obsessed with you ev" he reply's sarcastically. i roll my eyes, finish my muffin and find jere. "wanna go for a swim?" i question him. he smiles at "when do i not wanna swim with you everlyn" he says. "race you down there" i yell while running. i pull my dress off to reveal my bikini and run into the calm ocean.

jeremiah eventually gets there, "ha i beat you to it" i tease him, he laugh at me and splashes me. "so littlest fisher, what's going on" i ask him. he smirks at me but says nothing. "well" he starts, "i'm pretty sure i've got a date for bonfire night" he says. i can tell he really likes her, jere continues to tell me about boston, and his love life. i smile at him. "your getting old jere,who knows you might even fall inlove" i tell him while splashing him. "shut up" jeremiah says.
we make our way back to the house for dinner.

"i'm so happy all my babies are here,together,now" susannah tells us. i love susannah with my whole heart, her and laurel were always there for me whenever i had problems with my dad, they saved my mom, it's a shame my moms more concerned about work. i'm sat next to belly and opposite conrad. i kick belly's leg so i can get her attention. "belly hows it going with dickface over there"i whisper. she laughs "nothing we just talked about people changing that's all"she whispers back. i laugh. conrad looks at me and meets my eyes once again. he says nothing, to be honest you would think he's zoning out at a wall.

"so ev, you playing volleyball this summer?" conrad asks me. i roll my eyes. belly interrupts excitedly "well actually me and everlyn are gonna compete for charity and" he cuts her off. "i asked everlyn but thanks belly"conrad adds. belly gulps and i know that he just completely crushed her. "you know what 'connie'" i start. "stop acting like a dick,there's no reason for you to shut everyone out!" i yell. "oh come on guys it's the first day!" laurel says quietly. he looks into my eyes, it's different this time, there's emotion. i sit back down and apologise to Susannah and laurel and carry on eating my steak and fries and head off to my room.

i hear a knock at my door, it's jeremiah. he pokes his head around the corner and smiles at me. i smile back. "you okay ev?" he asks me. "yea i'm good, what about you jere" i tell him. "oh nah i'm good it's just you snapped at dinner that's all" he says while laughing. i raise an eyebrow and tilt my head, "yea i know just got a lot on my mind" i says quietly.
jeremiah looks at me and walks towards me slowly and slowly lifts my left wrist up twirling me around. "how about, you come with me to bonfire instead" he suggests. i smile hesitantly. "jere what about that girl you wanted to take." i tell him. "what about her?now hurry up and get dressed" jeremiah says while walking out my room and closing the door gently.

                         -writers note
   what do you think about it so far?
who do you want to see more of ? :)