chapter 3

"want any thing else?" susannah asks while placing a fruit bowl down infront of me. i shake my head and tell her thank you. i check my phone, it's 10:18am and my head is bouncing, from the night before. everything is a blur and the last thing i remember was conrad fighting some guy and i vaguely remember me and conrad in the car aswell as belly telling me about jere, that's about it. "the devil finally arrives" i says while conrad enters the kitchen. he flips me off and sits down next to me. i place my hands on my head and laurel approaches me. "want me to make you some hangover soup?"she asks. i look up in relief "yes, please, thank you, so much" i tell her. she smiles and wonders to the stove. "remember anything fisher?" i question him. he turns to me. "what you don't?" he says while laughing. "god you where all over me." he scoffs. i did what? there's no way in hell. my jaw drops, and my eyebrows raise. "i'm joking, you were fine, i always remember when i'm wasted" he reassures me. "you scared me, idiot" i say while hitting his shoulder.

"hey ya know where belly is?" i ask laurel, she tells me she's out by the pool, so i go out. i sit and look at her and she looks at me, we burst out laughing. "don't even ask me" belly reply's instantly, "you don't even~" i start, "i do, me and jere" she whispers. "yea we're still good" she says. "that's good, what about conrad though?" i ask her. she looks down "sometimes, for what it's worth,it's easier to look for better things, it's not like he would ever like me you know" she said in a dull tone. "belly, don't say that. you deserve so much better" i remind her. she nods her head "it's not like i'm the one who conrad's into anyway" she says while walking off. what does that even mean? "belly wait, what do you mean?!" i shout trying to catch up with her. she's in the living room so i go through the kitchen. "whatcha doin everlyn" conrad announces. i put my hand to my head in defeat . "not now" i say while storming off to
find belly. "what do you mean, belly talk to me" i insist. "i know what happened at the bonfire, i don't care" she revealed. "the bonfire.. nothing happened with me and conrad at the bonfire..belly i swear to you nothing happened, we spoke and i cleaned his face for him that's about it" i respond. she looked at me, "i told you, i don't care, it's fine" she replied. "who told you any of this, because what you think happened it's completely different to what actually happened bells" i tell her. she rolls her eyes, "literally stop, i don't care, at least conrads honest about it!" she voices while storming off to her room.

i make my way back to the kitchen trying to comprehend everything that's happened. laurel hands me my soup so i down it as quickly as i can. i fell somones hands touching on my shoulders, i turn and is jeremiah. "how's that hangover soup?" he asks, "it's actually helping thank you" i say while giggling, i look at him and smile, "anything happen yesterday you wanna tell me about?" i mention. "nope,no,nothing, unless we are talking about belly?"he reply's while smirking. "knew it, tell me everything" i add. jeremiah and me talk for hours, talking about how i can't remember much but mostly about how him and belly nearly kissed! "it just felt right? you know, like i really think we have something there, belly's my bestfriend and all but sometimes i wish i was more" jeremiah tells me. i hug him, "she does see you, jere, she told me yesterday there's something there." i reassure him. "uhm random question but do you know anything that happened with me and conrad, because belly's certain something happened." i ask jere. he shakes his head. "haven't heard anything,sorry, i'll let her know nothing happened tho" he tells me. i smile, "thank you, so much, for everything you do" i say while kissing his cheek. it was at this moment i realised, conrad was the one who caused this all, he got me and belly into an argument and made up stuff for no apparent reason.

i go to his room hoping to find him. i open the door, conrad's there, and so is the brunette from the other night. there making out , so this is going to be fun. i clear my throat, "conrad!" i say loudly, he ignores me, "conrad!" i announce. they both look up at me, "who's this?" the girl asks. "everlyn, childhood bestfriend"he tells her, i roll my eyes, "childhood bestfriend, bullshit! you told belly something happened with me and you on bonfire night knowing damn well nothing did!" i yell. "look, nicole" he says to the girl, "can you come back later?" he asks her. she rolls her eye and walks out. "you couldn't have waited?" he asks me. no i couldn't have, you lied about something to my bestfriend. "why did you do it conrad." i say. "because it wasn't far off? let's be honest if you had any more to drink you would have kissed me." he claims. "your such a dick, the whole night is blurry conrad, the fact is that belly believes we did do something!" i reply. he meets my gaze once again and gets of his bed slowly, he makes his way towards me. "would it have been so bad if that did happen though? belly will realise i'm not the one she wants soon" he tells me softly. i gulp, and look around the room before meeting his ocean blue eyes. "not the point, conrad. you clearly have a list of girls who you play about with, and i don't wanna be there" i mutter while looking at the floor. "you should cut out the drugs, maybe it's why your like this" i tell him, "or maybe i'll stop because i don't wanna end up like your dad" he states. i shake my head in shock "don't ever talk about him again." i answer. "let's not talk about dads alright, yours sure isn't an angel" i remind him. he snicker at me. "what do you want" he asks. i sit down on his bed and turn to face him. "i wanna know why you hate me and why your acting like a dick" i say gently. he runs his hair through his hands and starts breathing faster. "i- i don't have you ev i never have" he starts, he looks around the room, somethings wrong. "connie, conrad stop sit down breath it's okay" i tell him. i go over to him while he sits on the edge of the bed trying to calm down. "breathe, look at me, breathe it's okay" i tell him while placing my hand on the side of his face.  he continues "i cant my chest is tight, and~" i stop him, i place my arms around his shoulder, hugging him. "i promise it's okay, i'm here, it's good, you don't have to speak just take long deep breaths okay? i'm here your safe don't worry" i tell him gently. he calms down. "i'm sorry i've just got a lot going on" he whispers. i never knew how bad it was until now. i didn't realise that him being "annoying" or me thinking he "hated me" was just his way of coping, by projecting everything on to someone else. i hug him again. his embrace makes me feel safe and i hope it does the same for him. "conrad, you can always talk to me, you know that right" i tell him. he shakes his head "i want to, you don't understand how bad i wanna tell you everlyn but i can't, not yet." he says quietly. i'm still holding him. "whenever it is, whenever your ready, i'm here, i'll listen" i add.

WRITERS NOTE, SORRY ITS
SO CRINGY BUT WHAT ARE WE
THINKING SO FAR:)