The rescue.

"JJ!" Kie runs over with a grin on her sun kissed face.

" come on let's go" she catching her breath slightly.

"Just a sec" JJ replies as he finishes carving todays line into the tree. He's doing his concentration face where he tilts his head to the side, squints his eyes a little and pokes his tongue out through his teeth.

He looks adorable kie thought in her head.

" that's 26 now" he says glumly with a sigh

Kie thinks back to their lives before and it seems like a life time ago, almost like it wasn't real and she was so delirious that she's completely imagined it.

JJ stands and smacks his his hands together. He looks at kie and notices that she's zoned out and waves his hand in front of her face.

"Earth to Kie?, are we going then"  he giggles

She adjusts her head to look at him and smiles as there eyes meet. " sure, let's go"

The pair start to walk up the beach, laughing as they go.

—————————————————————————-
(Just a bit of context)

So it's day 26 on Poguelandia and things have changed.

The Pogues have finally started to adjust to this new life and found ways to survive on this island.
They've split into three pairs to deal up all the jobs:

Pope & John B
Sarah & Cleo
JJ & Kiara

Each pairs got their own jobs they need to do every day and one of  JJ's and Kies is to collect wood for todays fire.

———————————————————————————

The pair return back up the beach , now carrying piles of wood in their arms,.

Kie raised an eyebrow in confusion when she heard a strange noise.

"J? Did you hear that?"
" hear wh.."
"Shhhh"

JJ motions his hand zipping his lips and throwing the key over his shoulder.

Kie turns her head quickly behind them and squints her eyes to try and help her vision.
JJ follows her gaze and there both look into the distance into the ocean.

"Is that?" Kie whispers

" a .... Boat" JJ replies finishing her sentence

They both turn to look at each other and are silent for about 2 seconds until

"Holy shit!!" They yell in unison, they both drop the wood from their arms immediately and start running and screaming up the beach towards their friends.

"What in the world" John B says confused as he looks at his best friends hurdling towards him.

JJ is at the front out of breath.

" guys .... ( he pants )" he points in the direction they just came from.

They all just stare at him in utter confusion.

" b... bo..... boat.....BOAT!!!"

All their expressions turn to shock and excitement instantaneously.

" wooooo" John B yells

" that's my boy" he hugs JJ lifting his feet of the ground.

Kie catches up as jj rummages around in their lifeboat.

"What's he looking for, we need to do something!"  Sarah shouts in anticipation.

"JJ?" Pope yells

" Found it!!!" Jj holds the red flare gun in the air.

"Genius" John B exclaims

JJ smiles and gets excited, " do you guys know what this is, a gun, but not just any gun, a flare gun, a red flare gun. So what you do is press this..."

"JJ!!!!" All five yell in unison

"Oh.... Right ok"
JJ fires 2 shots into the air which light up the gloomy overcast sky .

Everyone looks up and smiles . Adrenaline is consuming them, hearts pumping out theirs chests. Is this the moment they've been waiting for, the moment that after almost a month of being stranded that they would be saved....rescued."

And........

Silence.

Nothing. Nothings happening.

" they don't see us " Sarah says choking up.

They hopes all plummet down and the atmosphere falls to the ground.

"They don't see us!" She repeats, now sobbing.
Cleo try's to console her as JJ kicks the sand in front of him.
"Fuck!" He shouts frustratedly.

Kie also starts to well up as her dreams of returning home diminish. Who even knows when the next boat will pass. It could be a 6 months from now.

That's all they were ..... dreams.

Dreams with no hope of coming true.

A few minutes pass.

And then........

"BOOM"
"BOOM"

"No way" Kie whispers trying not to get her hopes up

" JJ look" John B lifts his head up to the direction of the boat and there it was. Streaks of light firing upwards from it.

"THEY SEE USSSSS!!" pope shouts with a huge grin on his face.

"They see us" John B echos as he runs up and hugs him before doing their pogue handshake.

" they see us" JJ mutters under his breath in disbelief.

A huge warm smile takes over his face as he turn to kiara which only makes it grow.

She returns the smile and they just stare at each other for what felt like forever. Just taking in this moment of pure joy.

" ......we're going home"

Thanks so so much for over 100 reads!! I just started writing this with no expectation that anyone would actually read it or I even like it. But it makes me really happy that people have and makes me want to write and add more. Thanks soo much xxx