Chapter 1 (fluff)

"Kurt you dumbass!" You turned around in your seat to face your childhood best friend.

He grinned at you. "What's wrong?"
"You just ran a red light and—"

He cut you off by saying "Y/n I thought you didn't care about that!"

"I don't dipshit, but there was a cop right there."

He didn't say anything, just smiled broadly at you before turning back to the road.

He said something to Bobby on the livestream that you didn't pay attention to, as you were texting your current boyfriend.

'Where are you driving y/n?'

'How'd you know I was driving 💀'

'Snap map. Now tell me where you're going."

'Back to my house babe.'

'But your car isn't working rn.'

'Yeah Kurt's driving me.'

'What the fuck! Again? Are you guys just fucking behind my back when he "drives you around?" I'm not fucking stupid y/n.'

'Ok I gotta go Alex. I'll talk to you later.'

You put your phone back in your pocket and felt it buzzing a whole bunch, but ignored it.

You and Kurt talked about music, movies and childhood memories until you got to your house.

"Good night Kurt. Thanks for driving me home!"

He nodded and said "are we still hanging out tomorrow?"

"Um... I don't know actually. Alex is already mad at me for driving with you..."

He rolled his eyes. Kurt never liked Alex; he seemed toxic to him.

"Alright, lemme know if he changes his mind I guess."

You nodded and waved before he drove away. You really did feel bad.

As you lay in bed, you thought of all the dumb shit Alex did to you. The next day you would break things off with him.

You woke up the next morning to a feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach. You groaned before sitting up, changing and brushing your teeth.

You were too nervous to eat.

You decided to walk to Alex's place since he didn't live too far away. You thought of what you were gonna say, walking as slow as you could. Finally you got there and fished your key to his apartment and unlocked the door. There he was, fucking some girl on the couch.

"OH NAH—" you slammed the door shut and ran down the stairs.

"What the fuck..." you muttered to yourself, absolutely flabbergasted.

He didn't even come out of the apartment, so you blocked him on everything and called Kurt to come pick you up.

What had just happened hadn't sunk in for a few minutes, but when it did, you sat on the ground and began to sob.

You heard the sound of car wheels slowing down and you looked up to see Kurt unrolling the window.

"Hey you finally— oh shit what happened?!"

He got out of the car and gave you a hand up, before hugging you somewhat awkwardly. Despite being friends basically forever, you guys rarely hugged.

It was actually pretty nice. He was warm and the way he smelled gave you comfort (even if it wasn't necessary pleasant).

As you sobbed into his shoulder, he tentatively rubbed your back in an attempt to calm you down.

"Do you wanna tell me uh— what happened?" You sniffled and said "Alex cheated on me..."

He hugged you tighter and sighed. "I'm— I'm really sorry y/n. That's terrible..."

After hugging for a bit, you let him go and you both got into the car.

"So uh— where to?" He said. You shrugged. "Anywhere."

He nodded and began to drive in the opposite direction.

"Am I allowed to trash talk him yet y/n?" He said, seemingly trying to lighten the mood.

You chuckled, wiping from fresh tears from your cheeks as he smiled sheepishly.

"Bro was goofy looking. I mean, did you ever look at his dastardly attire? And for the love of god the way he talked—"

He glanced at you and cleared his throat.

"Y/n I am really sorry. It's, like, not fair at all. You uh— you deserve better."

Your bottom lip quivered and you burst into tears again. Kurt put a comforting hand on your knee before quickly removing it. "Is that, like, ok?"

You nodded and he put his hand back.

Once your crying settled down a bit, his car stopped in front of your favorite place to eat.

"No Kurt you—"

"Nah it's not for you it's for me." He grinned at you before running into the place and returning with 2 boxes of your favorite food.

"Thank you..." you said, worried you were about to cry once again.

"'Course," he said, pulling his phone out before sighing. "Shit. My dad's home. Can we go to your house?"

You nodded, smiling slightly.

Once at your house, you both sat on the couch. "Kurt you really didn't have to—"

He cut you off again with a dismissive wave of his hand, turning on your favorite movie.

Something about this whole gesture made you realize how much you loved Kurt.

You stared at him intently, noticing everything about him. He was so handsome...

The way he bit his lip slightly when there was a scary part, the way he occasionally shook his hair out of his eyes. All of it gave you butterflies.

But you hadn't liked Kurt like this since the 7th grade....

You realized that you hadn't touched your food and you went to put it in the fridge with Kurt's.

Sitting back down, you continued to look at him, completely ignoring the movie.

He looked over at you and chuckled. "What?" He said with a grin.

Oh my god his smile.