The Next Chapter

Technoblade

Techno woke up to the sun streaming through the curved window. He rubbed the drowsiness from his eyes and sat up. The pinkette uncovers himself and stands on the cold hardwood floor, he shifts from foot to foot and sits on the window sill, staring out at the little orchard filled with apples, pears, and any other fruit-bearing tree you can think of.

It reminded him of something, something he can't quite remember.

Phil's shout runs through the house "Breakfast!" Techno stands yawning and walks downstairs to see the others sitting at the table. Tommy was attempting to snort the sugar and Wilbur was trying to restrain him.

"Mornin'" Tubbo said through a mouthful of bacon, Techno nodded his head and sat down in an empty chair, he quietly started eating and decided to listen in on some conversations.

Tubbo and Ranboo were talking about this and that, Wilbur was lecturing Tommy about snorting the sugar but Schlatt and Phil's conversation was the most interesting,

"Dream's going to be released soon, I hope he won't try to kill Techno like he did to the other one..." Phil spoke

"He probably won't, Techno seems like the type of person he likes." Schlatt sets his hand onto Phils in a comforting manner "It'll be fine"

Techno feels a chill run through his spine. Try to kill him? I mean it's just his luck to end up roommates with a homicidal maniac. He finishes his breakfast and washes his plate. He needs some fresh air.

Once the pinkette is outside, he wanders around to the shed at the back of the house. He opens the door to find rows and rows of gardening equipment and baskets of seeds. He walks in and starts looking through the baskets, wheat, carrots, strawberries, etc. They all were very obviously used, after wandering as far in as he could he found a dusty basket filled with potato seeds. Technoblade feels a twinge of sympathy for the seeds, they were like him, unwanted, unused. He grabbed a handful and some equipment.

The little patch he's using is behind the shed where the weeds reach his ankles, after some good ol' elbow grease he's finally able to plant the seeds.

The boy carefully digs holes and sets the seeds inside, making sure they all have even spacing and equal sunlight. Techno grabs his watering can and sprinkles water on the patches where the seeds are. A smug smile finds itself plastered to Techno's face.

As soon as he puts the tools away he hears the creak of the back door and jumps. Techno swiftly rubs the dirt off his hands onto his pants. Tommy bounds out of the house and towards the shed with the others following.

Techno hid behind the shed hoping he won't get caught by his new family. He crouches down in the middle of the wall holding his breath. It's a habit from his past families he guesses, he's good at holding his breath and hiding, he's even better at fighting.

Techno hears rustling inside and then them leaving to go work in the field he guesses. He sits there for a few moments more before he takes a deep breath and stands up, the pinkette sneaks back into the house and walks back out like nothing happened.

It was late by the time they finished, most of the crops were ready so they had to harvest all of them. They had a lunch break of course at noon and went back out and kept working, Tubbo showed Ranboo how they do everything while Techno was stuck with Wilbur and Tommy bickering about how it should be done (Wilbur was correct most of the time).

Phil strolled over to the little schedule whiteboard hanging up in the entry hall "Techno, mate, sorry but the chart says you get to cook supper tonight." Phil called out while marking things down. His turn to cook? Techno just got here. Why does he have to cook? The pinkette's hair dances when he nods, Tubbo gives an apologetic shoulder bump as Techno walks into the kitchen.

First, the Blade checks through the cupboards to familiarize himself with the layout. Next, he pulls out a cookbook he finds and flips through the pages. Once he finds a recipe, he grabs the ingredients listed. Then he ties up his hair and washes his hands, he goes back to the counter and brings out a cutting board, Techno spins around and opens the refrigerator to grab the ingredients he needs. He has some knowledge of cooking, he had to cook for himself in the orphanage sometimes.

Techno plans on making a nice creamy potato soup, I mean he has all the ingredients. Technoblade starts chopping up the potatoes and slides them into the pot along with whatever else he needs.

The cook washes his hands and unties his pink hair, letting it flow down his back. Techno spoons up some bowls and sets them, along with silverware on the table. He sheepishly yells out "Foods done!" and then a series of footsteps race into the dining room. Phil sets tame tags on the table so 'No one will fight'. Phil across from Schlatt, Wilbur across from Tommy, Tubbo across from Ranboo, and Techno across from what's supposed to be Dreams seat.

As he sat the pinkette decided to listen in to the multiple conversations. He tried to listen in on the fellow children but it was all a jumble of words to Techno so he decided to listen to the adults.

"Dreams coming back tomorrow, his sentence ends tomorrow. Poor Callahan, he was only in 2nd grade..." Phil spoke "I know, hopefully, he's changed after all these years but our visitations say otherwise" Schlatt pats Phil's hand

Phil sighs and drops the conversation. Techno doesn't know what he just heard. Dream killed someone? His roommate is a literal murderer?

Tech ate his food quickly and slipped the dishes into the sink. Technically it's Dream's turn to wash the dishes but Phil offered to do it instead. The boy wraps his cape around himself and sneaks to his room.

He sits on his bed and thinks. Now he has more to think about than yesterday.