Another Chapter

Philza

Phil sat on the couch with his head in his hands. Schlatt patted him on the back with one hand, with a glass of straight whiskey in the other. "It's time to go pick him up, Phil." Schlatt finishes the last of the whiskey and lifts the shorter man to his feet. "It'll be okay, Phil. I'll go start the car," Schlatt spoke as he walked outside to start the car. Phil sighs and attempts to rub the nervousness off. It doesn't work.

Once Phil's in the car with Schlatt in the passenger seat (Schlatt's not trusted to drive) Phil slowly pulls out of the driveway and drives towards Dream's prison.

Schlatt pats Phil on the shoulder and exits the car first. Phil sighs and walks with the taller man into the jail. They check in with the officers and check out Dream. They walked out with him in an orange prison jumpsuit (they took him out of his straightjacket) "Hey Phil, who's the other guy?" Dream smiled behind his mask. "Dream, mate. This is Schlatt, he lives across the road from us." They walk back to the soccer mom minivan and hop in.

They finally make it home. Dream didn't say much on the ride, all he did was sit there and look out the window. It concerned Phil, he loves Dream (like a son) but is still equally afraid. He wishes he wasn't afraid, it feels unfair to Phil that he's scared of Dream.

Dream opens the car door first and wanders into the house.